Aisha808

[Temp fix] Stuck at loading screen with white bar

This is for anyone that frequently gets stuck on the black 'Loading' screen with the white bar (and as such having to task manager/alt f4 out). NOT the black loading screen with no white bar, or any other screen.

The game freezes up on this screen because BattlEye stops responding to the servers requests, whilst you're loading in. As such the server kicks you before you can even get in game. You're then stuck between menu and server forever, with no way back.

The problem seems to be alleviated once you have loaded into the game successfully at least once during that game instance. I guess this is because the game data is ready loaded (as opposed to first time load-in where everything has to start up). This means the load screen is quicker the second time around, and BattlEye has less time in which to time out.

As such I worked out a bit of a convoluted temporary fix. It pretty much guarantees you will load into a DayZ server without issue, however it takes a few extra minutes out of your game time. For me though, who get's stuck 8/10 times I try to load in, the fix saves time overall.

How to go about it;

Load up Arma 2 CO normally. DO NOT connect to a DayZ server through commander/sixupdater. You need regular OA main menu.

Hit Multiplayer

Hit the 'New' button on the bottom of the server list screen

Set the Host to LAN and hit OK

Select Chernarus from the map options, and 01: Deathmatch from the mission options. Click Play/Start

Follow the menu screens till you get ingame into Chernarus in some form.

Escape -> Suspend. Head back to main menu. You should now get super quick load-ins to any DayZ server and almost certainly avoid the loading screen freeze.

This works fine for me, as I still use regular Arma server list. I'm not sure how it will pan out with an external server list (does Commander use the currently running arma application to load a server, or does it start a fresh one?). But I guess if it's a particularly bad problem for you, defaulting to regular arma might be the easier way anyway.

Peace

• Like 13

I was hoping it could fix that "Loading" black screen (without the white bar) problem for me, but it did not. :(

i cant even get this to work. Fuck this game and fuck you rocket/bohemia pile of fucking shit. eatt my dick

got it to work, but im a fucking bird flying in the middle of the ocean. what in the flying fuck why doesnt anything in this game work

http://i.imgur.com/7tNAU.png

Edited by freaky78
  • Like 3

i cant even get this to work. Fuck this game and fuck you rocket/bohemia pile of fucking shit. eatt my dick

got it to work, but im a fucking bird flying in the middle of the ocean. what in the flying fuck why doesnt anything in this game work

http://i.imgur.com/7tNAU.png

You need to go back to main menu once you've loaded in like that. Then you can join any DayZ server from the server list.

• Like 1

I was hoping it could fix that "Loading" black screen (without the white bar) problem for me, but it did not. :(

If you encounter this problem, try joining another server than the one you're stuck on. Soon enough you will find one that works, and when you do, keep to that one.

Made an account just to respond to this thread.

Thank you so much for this fix! I've been playing for a week now and I'd get this error if i tried to join a server straight after leaving one for it being empty or night time etc :S I spent so much time hoping it would load and this fixed it all!

Thanks

wow, what a joke getting this game to work is.

I bought the bundled operations pack from steam and spent hours downloading/installing everything

updating this, waiting on that.

only to get neverending loading screens.

search a fix (which is already way too much work as it is)

fix doesn't work

back to consoles where games actually play, instantly

not wasting anymore time on this STEAMing pile (nor am I going to suggest anybody try it)

I started a LAN server, took the map and deathmatch, when it was done loading and I pressed continue so I got an ingame screen, I then went back to main menu, started a new LAN server with the DayZ mission (do I need to update those files aswell?) I can very briefly see the screen I just left when starting up the server. There is a 0 in the lower right corner on the final loading screen if that says anything...

Finally got some error message, cannot load proxy\man or something...

Also, if its bettleye that is causing the problem, why do i still have the problem after uninstalling it?

Edited by M.K

When I load deathmatch, it spawns me in as nothing, i am floating in a field but i can press escape but suspend is greyed out. Please help, this really bugs me, I just made a server with DayZCC for my friends and I but I can't seem to join.