Sign in to follow this  
kriegar69@gmail.com

Please bring back side chat

please... >.<

Removing side chat has ruined the social aspect of the game and for the people who like being friendlies it pretty much eliminates the chance of that.

• Like 1

As much as I liked to laugh at "anyone in cherno?" Removing side channel was a great improvement.

So for my money, I will vote no.

For:

Realisme

Annoying spammers

People VoIPing on side channel

Just in general the misbehaviour on the side channel

• Like 1

I didn't get the chance to play when sidechat was around. I did watch a lot of LPS back when it was around. I think that even though not having it in the game does eliminate the ability to have more friendlies, it does make it more realistic which is what makes this game so fun.

Only time I played with side chat, murder two guys and talk shit to them over it. Someone asks not to voip on side chat, friend and I proceed to mic-spam forever. Sure, bring that back

Agreed but with one condition:

No voip access on side. No one wants to hear some squeaky ADD pre-teen having a fit because he just got smashed in Cherno... again....

Just play on a private hive that allows it. se101 is a great private hive server that allows side chat. The community there is decent enough and you should be able to catch up to your hive character pretty quickly and easily.

Private hives are the way to go until the game releases...they can really crack down and permaban hackers and dupers, too.

No thanks it was extremely annoying I will give an example.

Person1: hey person2 there's a hatchet over here

Person2: cool thanks

Some random kid over side chat on mic with a really annoying voice: hey guys can someone tell me how to play, and why the hell can't I get NVG's

Person2: shut up

Person1: fuck off little kid

Random: get the hell of voice chat

This continues for about thirty seconds then

Person5: he'll yes crashed heli at pridirovki come and get some stuff

Person1: we're coming save some for us lolz are you friendly

Person5: yer I'm friendly

Person1 was killed

Person2 was killed

Person1: wtf you said you were friendly

Person2: you made us lose 2 hours worth of stuff

Randomguy3: who's ontop of fire station in Cherno I'm coming up

Random guy3 was killed

This is constantly going on the side of your screen in blue text with no way to disable it, and all it is is guys in Cherno and electro rambling on about shit with some bandit luring people somewhere (me) and some idiot that claims he's up north with A SVD, NVG's and a millitary off road but really he's hiding on an aprartment building roof in berizino when you put a 12.9x99 through his skull and then acts all cool for ages going " oh doesn't matter my clan has everything for me at our base" and then they accidentty double tap caps lock and there's a little kid talking to there mum of how some dickhead just killed them and is sobbing like a little girl and then everybody on he server is lolling at him then he leaves. Well maybe that last bit isn't bad about side chat but I refuse that it is brought back to dayz.

blah blah blah

so rather than fix the problems with it (disallow voice chat in side and allow it to be toggled) you'd rather they just completely disable it?

When I find a server with side chat enabled, out comes "I love little girls they make me feel so good" 10 hour version. Hell yes.

Bring back side chat. it brings a sense of community to the game which is what it needs if it wants to survive.

Side chat should never have been enabled in the first place.

No, I think it would cause more havoc because think about it, you would see people saying "I'm in cherno unarmed come help me" then he turns out to be armed and shoots everyone.

It would be cool to loot radios that enable global chat, which you could toggle on and off. You could even have different ranges depending on the civilian or military grade radios.

For the sake of bringing in new players, yes. Rocket needs to make a decision between developing a game around realism, or developing it with success in mind.

It would be cool to loot radios that enable global chat, which you could toggle on and off. You could even have different ranges depending on the civilian or military grade radios.

radios exist in game, we found one early on when we first started playing. they have no functionality as of right now though.

It'd be awesome if they added ACRE, it'd allow for realistic radios (range, sound, power, etc)

No, never turn that shit back on, it was horrible.

Player 1 : guy in Cherno frandly?

Player 2 : ya

Player 1 was killed

Player 3 : guy shootin in Cherno, frandly?

Player 3 was killed

Player 4 : Guy shooting people in Cherno frandly?

Player 4 was killed

DO NOT BRING THAT BACK. It sucked so hard, having to listen to kids whine about being killed in Cherno or Elektro, listen to people argue about mechanics they have 0 idea about, and listening to people who were coordinating and stratigizing by typing it all out in Sidechat.

No, never turn that shit back on, it was horrible.

Player 1 : guy in Cherno frandly?

Player 1 was killed

Player 3 : guy shootin in Cherno, frandly?

Player 3 was killed

Player 4 : Guy shooting people in Cherno frandly?

Player 4 was killed

DO NOT BRING THAT BACK. It sucked so hard, having to listen to kids whine about being killed in Cherno or Elektro, listen to people argue about mechanics they have 0 idea about, and listening to people who were coordinating and stratigizing by typing it all out in Sidechat.

Uh, why not just give an option to turn it off?

Uh, why not just give an option to turn it off?

Because 99% of servers will have it off, then you'll be right back here complaining. It was annoying as hell while it was on, and when the beta came out and gave Rocket the opportunity to turn it, the vast majority of DayZ players breathed a sigh of relief.

why not just make it a server option if you like it join servers that have it, if you dont then join servers that dont