Sign in to follow this  
wrobel

Server Recommendations

I have been looking for a server(s) with a private hive. These servers, are not related to the main database, and give you a completely new character. Many clans, and groups, who own servers, use private hives. This enables the ability to set custom settings, and allows for more dynamic play. Many of these "private" servers, are homes to large groups, these groups fight for dominance, and tend to be large. I was wondering if anyone knew of, or played on, such a server, and would be willing to recommend one. I would love to play with the more dynamic settings, and group play enabled by a private hive.

Thanks

private servers hm.. dont know any. most likely you're going to be playing on one server exclusively to maximize the use of the gear on a particular server.

se101 is a really good private hive. Awesome population during peak hours, and still a decent pop during later hours. The admins are really good about dealing with hackers and giving people stuff back when they're killed by hackers. They also ban for combat disconnects which is really neat IMO.

I've been playing on Atlanta Chernarus Server, it's fucking awesome. Vehicle spawns are on high, and it's one hundred slot. It's one of the most realistic servers, due to its large amount of vehicles, and players. It is almost always full, and has extreme lag, however the admins readily ban anyone who uses VON over side, hackers, and loggers. It is pretty fun.

OK, this may be a dumb question, but I don't know... How do you connect to a server on a private hive? I'm assuming it wouldn't be listed in DayZCommander or SixLauncher. I'd also like to learn more about how you would setup your own private hive. I currently have a DayZ server but due to the high number of hacks, I'm convinced it's wasted $$ since we can't "play" the game without losing everything daily due to hacks. Before throwing in the towel and moving on, I'm trying to learn about creative ways to make a server more private first.

Thanks in advance.