qla

M4 CCO & SD ammo; accuracy/zeroing

Date/Time:

What happened:

Shot an zombie using m4 cco using sd ammo to ~50 meters away, the projectile hits around 1 meter above the targeted area. Happenes all the time, if the target is 40-70 meters away, the projectile hits about 0,5-1 meter above the target. This does not occur with normal stanag ammo. Sd ammo on m4 cco works perfectly in vanilla ArmA 2 and ArmA 2:OA.

Where you were:

Berezino

What you were doing:

Killing zombies.

*Current installed version:

AO: 93586 beta, 1.7.0 dayz

*Server(s) you were on:

FI-2 server, but it happens in all the servers.

*Your system specs:

Amd 1055T, 460 gtx, 8gb ddr 3, win 7 x64.

*Timeline of events before/after error:

As said before, happens all the time.

I've had the same problem with m4 CCO. This does not occur in normal ARMA2 and arrowhead though.

The SD ammo is inaccurate compared to the standard ammo in Arma2. Test it out properly in the Armoury, just tried the M4A3 and M16A2, haven't unlocked the M4A1 there, but rolling with one in DayZ. High shots, short or long range.

It's physically weird that SD rounds consistently fly above the aim though seeing as (apparently) they travel at a 1/3 the speed of a normal round. I know nothing about weapons or ballistics maybe there's a fundamental reason behind it, but there is a number of SD threads going back to 2007 on the BIS forums, which are worth a read.

The SD ammo is inaccurate compared to the standard ammo in Arma2. Test it out properly in the Armoury' date=' just tried the M4A3 and M16A2, haven't unlocked the M4A1 there, but rolling with one in DayZ. High shots, short or long range.

It's physically weird that SD rounds consistently fly above the aim though seeing as (apparently) they travel at a 1/3 the speed of a normal round. I know nothing about weapons or ballistics maybe there's a fundamental reason behind it, but there is a number of SD threads going back to 2007 on the BIS forums, which are worth a read.

[/quote']

As i said, the m4 cco with sd ammo works fine in ArmA 2 and OA. In DayZ it just feels like the red dot is zeroed way off to like 1000 meters or something.

Mine is totally fine at 50m, total tack driver, are you sure you're not playing on a dodgy version of the game and Fade is effecting you?

I did not ever have this problem, Trying Zeroing it in, Cause I know some times I hit page up, And it zeros into the 300m or 500m marks.

It might not show it in the top right hand corner of your screen, but it is obvious when you shoot and it goes very high above the target.

In original arma I think it is set to 100m default.

Its the same for m16's if you use stanang sd ammo. The m16 w 203 i used to have shot way to high with sd ammo.

I'm still confused why SD guns need SD ammo... I thought the suppressor did the silencing...

It won't prevent the crack of the bullet being supersonic (essentially it's a sonic boom.)

but the MP5 SD and M4/M16 suppressed CANNOT fire subsonic rounds

That's really interesting, I had to look this up to confirm it. There ARE suppressed SMGs that are designed to use subsonic ammunition, but the MP5SD is designed to use standard supersonic rounds.

Its the same for m16's if you use stanang sd ammo. The m16 w 203 i used to have shot way to high with sd ammo.

M16A4 ACOG works just fine with SD ammo

This is because the SD ammo is zeroed to 300m just like the Ball ammo (since zeroing happens on the gun class not the ammo class), and SD ammo will drop a lot more over those 300m than Ball ammo. So when you fire at 50m, you're zeroed for 300m, and obviously the shot will be high.

Just as a point of interest, the crossbow does a very similar thing. I aimed for a zombies chest the other day and killed him, only to walk up to the corpse and find I just BARELY got him through his silly officers hat.

I have the same issue with the M4 CCO. I had to switch back to normal ammo to hit something.