Sign in to follow this  
Carebear Baddie

WTF happened to me?

So earlier today I was making my way to the factory between Polana and Orlovets. I died there a few hours before and wanted to see if there was anything was left to scavenge. My internet had been dropping out all day, so I had several disconnects during the trip. I'm just about to enter the patch of trees northwest of Orlovets, when the internet goes dow one final time.

When I finally log back in I find myself passed out, staring up at the side of a house in the middle of some town. Now I haven't even been inside a town on this spawn, nor had I been in shock/attacked before the disconnect so I dont think it was some sort of desync.

Amazingly, I didn't attract any zombies and after what seemed like forever the timer finally ends. I get up and take a look around and the first thing I see is a grocery store, which I thought was odd because I originally spawned at Three Valleys, and none of the towns in between there and the factory had grocery stores. So I head in hoping to find a map, and as luck would have it there were two in the store. However the server I'm on is a veteran server, so it doesn't help me to determine where I am.

The only option I have left is to open the back door of the grocery and haul ass out of town, passing by the nearest road sign. I find one not too far away, but I don't recognize the town's name in Cyrillic, so I head for the trees to lose the zombies. Once I'm safe, I alt+tab and check the out of game map to determine where I am. Apparently I've been magically trasported all the way up the road to Polana.

Once I'm back in game, I decide to continue on my journey to the factory. I went out into an open field to get a view of the clouds (didn't have a compass) when suddenly shots ring out from the other side of the town. So I hightail it out of there but in the end I got greedy and decide to try to take out the sniper, which eventually leads to my death.

So has anyone else had a similar experience? Have you logged in to be transported to a nearby city knocked out? Is it a glitch, hack, desync or just a too much drinking?

unfortunately it's just a glitch which happens every now and then when server hopping, random d/c, avoiding zombies and such more frequent when you leave the game.