KillCam96

Nice deathmatch you got there

Seriously, stop shooting on sight, ask 'friendly?' over the mic unless the player has a bandit skin, don't shoot every fucking person you see. This game is about survival, yes, in some cases murder is the only option, but you people that hang around in Cherno etc treating the game like a run 'n' gun deathmatch, are ruining the mod and I feel because of the behaviour of these people, dayz will simply crumble and be taken over by YOU, negotiate, team up, use allies, but most of all, survive together!

Seriously it's dumb, it's not what the mod was designed for and it ruins the experience for the rest of us.

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the PROPER dayz community when I say GO FUCK YOURSELVES

Have a nice day...

• Like 18

Your avatar is flipping everyone off. Yeah, I'd shoot you on sight, too.

• Like 3

My avatar has nothing to do with the discussion, this is the dayz forum, not battlelog, stay on topic please

OP 100% correct, but doesn't matter because douches outweigh decent people. You can't even start any kind of friendly server or camp because the hacktards and "bandits" (read: kill for no reason other than being a prick) will do their best to screw you for no reason, justifying their jackassery with "itz a sandbocks game i can shoot all of yuu!!!!1!"

Edited by (CNDF) Angel

As long as killing other players on sight gives you all their stuff, doesn't ruin your game in any way (apart from giving you another skin), and removes the risk of them doing the same to you, the Deatmatch mindset will be in place.

There needs to be something implemented that gives players a potential reward for leaving each other alive. Blood Packs alone isn't enough as long as it's so easy to refill lost blood by ourselves.

Seriously, stop shooting on sight, ask 'friendly?' over the mic unless the player has a bandit skin, don't shoot every fucking person you see. This game is about survival, yes, in some cases murder is the only option, but you people that hang around in Cherno etc treating the game like a run 'n' gun deathmatch, are ruining the mod and I feel because of the behaviour of these people, dayz will simply crumble and be taken over by YOU, negotiate, team up, use allies, but most of all, survive together!

Seriously it's dumb, it's not what the mod was designed for and it ruins the experience for the rest of us.

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the PROPER dayz community when I say GO FUCK YOURSELVES

Have a nice day...

if there was no bandits the game would be boring as hell having those scumbags who shoot on sight makes it all that more intense just outsmart the fuckers or stay away from the big citys which is where they are because thats where all the new players go . its easy to stay alive if you keep your wits about you and trust no one . play on aq server with no people for awhile its fucking boring dude we need bandits and they need us .im a bandit killer and proud of it i love nothing more than slaying them but without them its shit

• Like 2

It isn't even about being a douche. People can only trust people and get shot in the back a couple times before they stop giving people the chance. It is as simple as that.

It's not the 'bandits' I'm that annoyed about, I mean I got taken hostage by a group of em once, it still sticks in my mind as one of the scariest, yet most epic and realistic moments of my dayz time. I'm all for bandits, as long as they do stuff for a reason, such as killing for kit, or taking someone hostage to do jobs for them and letting them go, that's cool and is an exciting part of the apocalypse experience.

What I'm on about are the (I'm guessing COD kids) that spawn, find a gun, go to either Cherno or electro and run around LOOKING for people to kill, they don't even loot the bodies for Christ sake, also the snipers that kill unarmed players when they spawn on the coast, the game isn't primarily about killing one other, as referred to in the title DAYz, e.g how many days can you stay alive for, not from other players, but from the hordes of zombies, hunger, thirst, blood loss, and the OCCASIONAL banditry.

When I'm playing, if I see another player, I holler a suspicious 'friendly' down the mic, if I get no response, I either back away with an eye on them or, if they pose a threat possibly kill them, I never shoot first, unless I KNOW they want me dead. however if they do respond I will do one of two things, i will ask if they are alone and if they want company, or/and I will ask if they need a medic, food, water, or ammunition, after that I will say my goodbye then head off happily. I am therefore slightly happy that inland players are more understandable and will negotiate and communicate before any offensive or helpful action is taken.

It's the instances when I feel I HAVE to venture into the coastal cities to get equipped, where I get swarmed by makarov bullets and other shit.

• Like 2

The optimist in me expects this to change as the game and community matures.

Otherwise I agree, bandits are a good thing in the game, pure PvP as the sole play-style, not so much. This might be a by-product of DayZ's popularity at the momment, for many it may simply be flavour of the month shooter.

Would it be 'wrong' to mention War Z, I haven't come across any people I play dayz with that know about it, the website is new and not obvious on google... I dunno maybe the players will be more mature on a game that pretty much slipped under the radar in the 'mainstream' (I hate that expression) gaming community?

I'm a bandit, but mostly out of self defense ;_;

BANDITS ARE PEOPLE TOO

• Like 1

I've been shot too many times to trust someone I don't know to NOT do it to me first. We don't need rewards for not shooting other people but penalties for doing so. A "Most Wanted" list of players currently on the server or some other warning of bandits being in the local vicinity other than an increased heart rate which you hardly notice anyway. Personally, I like the fact you can't trust anyone that you don't know either in real life or who's part of your group/clan. I don't think think the way the game is at the moment it could support another way of playing without a major revamp of the zombies/infected in the game.

From what I've seen and heard (=read) I do agree that the KoS has gone way over-the-top. It's not within 'realistic' proportions anymore, which is what I'd like to see. I speculate here, but I think if a situation such as this was presented to us in the real world, the people working together (or not KoS'ing) would STRONGLY outnumber the bandits and 'the assholes'. But this is a game, unfortunately, so I i'm not sure that can ever be. Perhaps because the dumbass-percentage in gaming is a lot higher or more concentrated than in the real world, perhaps because people just don't care about the 'pixels' or just care about their KD-ratio, I don't know, I digress.

And currently, this is mainly just the outcome of the duping bug and the hackers and whatnot, and I'm sure this will -to a degree- even out with all that gone. But by no means am I saying that the bandits aren't needed. The possibility of getting killed at any frickin moment is what makes this 'thing' (I won't call it a game or a mod anymore) so thrilling and separates it from the grey masses. But I think something needs to be done. I do not know what that is. Maybe if you kill enough people, your character starts to go insane, yelling random shit attracting zeds, in a frenzy starts shooting randomly in the air for no apparent reason, maybe at some point your character will just snap and blow his head off. I don't know. No one knows at this point. But all this should be determined after the things such as bugs are resolved. The current state of the mod doesn't give accurate data about human (player) behaviour.

Peace.

SD.

• Like 1

There needs to be something implemented that gives players a potential reward for leaving each other alive. Blood Packs alone isn't enough as long as it's so easy to refill lost blood by ourselves.

This. Any ideas on this? Because I simply have no ideas.

"We don't need rewards for not shooting other people but penalties for doing so" - hmmm, but what about realism? I think we agree, (just as a simple example) an instant blood loss if you kill a player is just unrealistic, because the same should happen when you kill a Zombie.

But as DayZ currently works, I'm already lucky if I don't get killed if I'm unarmed. Happened today to me, I had no weapon and surrendered, didn't move: And the armed player let me run. Unbelieveable these days.

Edited by plymouth_colony

I'm sorry but people can play this game how they want to. There's tons of low pop servers available that have little risk in dying. If you join a server with 40 to 50 people and go the two most popular cites, you are going to get shot at. Just because someone shoots at you doesn't make them a douche, it's just a game, get over yourself. No one owes you anything. You can get decent gear in 45 mins of dying. Really, what have you lost?

I ran up to some guy with a FN FAL while I was unarmed and a fresh spawn. He insulted me and shot me in the face.

I will admit though with great sorrow and regret that I did blow the brains out of some innocent little bambi that didn't see me when he entered a barn, my double barrelled SG made it short and sweet, I only did it because I was mad at myself for trusting a bandit bus and decided to kill anyone I knew would kill me, this isn't my normal strategy, if that guy is reading, I really am truly sorry, you may have my beans, it may give you comfort that I was run over by a jeep shortly after

It's not about making them play how I want, it's about not killing new, unarmed players etc, it's not that type of game, I'm entitled to an opinion of how I would like the game to be thank you very much

• Like 1

Give me one reason why I shouldn't shoot people on sight. I don't really care about loosing bullets so that's out of the window.

:makes a change from killing everything that moves

:could gain kit, a slave, friend, whatever

:could feel more realistic. In the real world, people wouldn't ALL kill each other, taking the life another human being isnt easy.

:could even receive gratitude by helping out a new player, maybe even feeling good about yourself (I know it's a strange concept within a game)

: however if the other player is a bandit, rinse em with lead...