Sign in to follow this  
foxio

What about adding AH-6X.

Hello, I'd like to show you my conception of Dayz.I would glad if these two vehicles will be added to DayZ:

AH-6X.

This is tiny helicopter with 2 slots, which have not any special weapons like m240, average speed of 150 km.I'd love to see 2 AH-6X in-game, I have some ideas of spawn(6 spawns but only respawn in 2):

- Balota Airstrip

- Drakon

- Kustryk

- Zub

- Krasnostav Airstrip

- Baranchik

This Helicopter will give better utility, if you play alone a UH-1H is useless cause it big and you cant operate your Machine Guns.

With AH-6X you can land on tight places, you can hide it effectively.

http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/game/arma2_vehicles_rotary_AH6X.jpg

Guys if you like my idea's, write there if not write why.

• Like 21

More aerial vehicles - yes, but (even though Chernarus is equipped with eastern weapons and vehicles so Mi-8 civil version would be just fine) AH-6X has TV camera with NV a FLIR, so basic Littlebird version (no guns, pilot + 4 passengers) would probably be better.

• Like 2

Yes. More stuff to play with is always good. I have ran out of things to do, I am sure that many others have as well and additions like this could keep us playing.

Well, that chopper is used in Takistan and that area in the game, and irl, but i like the idea.

The Little Bird IS in the game - just like Huey's are. They were in a pre-alpha build, but were removed due to balance/TEH DESYNC issues.

Would love to see these smaller heli's in the game. The fact that they are smaller/cant carry as much cargo/have no weapons but provide decent transport makes these a perfect candidate for flying vehicle for people like myself who spend most of their time solo. As the utility and difficulty of getting a huey is pointless for a single player or group of 2

I like the idea of having more air vehicles in the game which aren't necessarily going to make it too easy to get the best vehicles. The idea of having another helicopter which is only small and likely not suitable for any group full stop, but still being quite rare, is appealing.

You should ask rocket to make a mod on top of the day-z mod, it can be filled with heaps of military vehicles and the whole point to it is to killed opposing players. I would like to suggest the name ARMA 2 for this day-z mod.

AH-6X is an UAV version of the AH-6 AFAIK. And in ArmA II theres AH-6(J?) which has 2 M134 miniguns and rocket pods, and the MH-6 which is unarmed but has more space for men.

Would be nice, i feel so wasteful and to large of a target using most vehicles ESPECIALLY the UH-1H since i play alone alot. Would be a nice alternative to the Dirt Bike and Bicycle.

AH-6X is an UAV version of the AH-6 AFAIK. And in ArmA II theres AH-6(J?) which has 2 M134 miniguns and rocket pods, and the MH-6 which is unarmed but has more space for men.

Yeah I think Mh6 and Mi8 would be good versions, particularly the mi8, very appropriate for the world location.

Ah6 is too powerfull with miniguns and rockets.

There is also a nice Antanov AN2 prop plane.

Edited by SeanOfTheDead
  • Like 1

But the map needs to be WAY bigger, 2-3 times bigger than chernarus. Then we can think about what helicopters to add.

Hounestly, I dont feel the need for another helicopter, but maybe the current one with different variations such as camo. There are camoflaged versions of the current heli in game, maybe rocket could think about adding that instead of another heli. But in the end its up to him anyway.

+1

Some kind of light airplane would be nice too. A slow moving 2 seater with no weapons.

Dayz doesnt need more western military stuff, a russian Mi helicopter would be nice though.

I would like to see Huey removed and Mi8, Mi2 added instead.

No need to remove, just add.

As much as I would love to get my hands on Mi-24 I realize this is not going to happen, but Mi-8 would be very nice to have. It has two side machineguns just like Huey, it is heavier and less maneuverable but faster than Huey.

I like this idea!

I would also like to see the civilian versions (MH-6/OH-6) inside DayZ!

I like the idea of a MH-6 better than an Mi-8, as Mi 8 is a very tough helicopter, contrast to how a MH-6 can be brought down with small arms.

I like the idea of a MH-6 better than an Mi-8, as Mi 8 is a very tough helicopter, contrast to how a MH-6 can be brought down with small arms.

The AH-6 is what you mean ;)

The MH-6 is the civilian version but would fit in dayZ just fine, too

Go, go Little Bird! Easier to fix up, I'd assume, and needing less fuel, it would be a great asset. The Huey's such a big, clunky thing, it's a pinata for all the AS50s out there. The machinegun version might be okay if you have to find ammo for it. I don't know what a "magazine" for a minigun looks like, but I bet it'll take six inventory slots and not fit in any man-portable gun. Schlepping ammo across the map for three seconds of firing that gun might make it worthwhile.

Planes aren't a great choice, since there are so few places to safely land them and nobody want to be taxiing all day trying to hide it. (I'd love to see the Antonov chugging down the road to Olsha, but...)

Mi-17 would fit the mod better.

Also, An-2 Colt needs to be added as well.

Mi-17 is cool, yeah, but it's another big, clumsy helicopter, almost like a reskin of the UH-1H. I'm a fan of it, though. I'd like to see every server have two big helicopters and two small helicopters on it, at the very least. Since choppers tend to be fragile and difficult to operate/fuel/hide, and don't hold much stuff, I think that they can be counted on to be used and smashed on a semi-regular basis, allowing them to contribute to gameplay and not suffering the Ural's fate of "tent with wheels in a bush somewhere".

Also, if we could arrange for vehicles to be disabled, but not freaking explode GTA-style when they're broken, that would help a lot. I hate driving anywhere, because if I come under fire, I generally don't have enough time to stop the vehicle and get out before it goes nova. I don't mind getting badly hurt when I hit a wall at 50km/hr, but some jerk shooting my engine with an M107 should be more of a, "Oh, no, everyone out and head for the trees!" sort of situation rather than a "BOOOOOOM" situation, you know?