Statik (DayZ)

AKM or M4A1 (and where are NW airfield barracks)?

Hey guys,

So I got ahead of myself and looted the NW airfield without recording for my Let's Play (but I'm going to loot again) and it got real, and I finally got away with about 3k blood. I had an AKM with 6 mags and I saw an M4A1 with 2 mags and picked it up. Later looking at stats I figured out the the AKM has better stats, if I come across an AKM should I take it over my M4A1? Thanks!

P.S. Where at the NW airfield are the barracks? I've played this game for a long time now, but I still can't really locate them.

M4:

>quieter than AKM

>Better sights (seriously fuck the AKM sights)

>more accurate

AKM:

>Stronger (not even by that much)

I always go with the M4A1 or any variant of it over the AKM.

you also forgot that the akm is zero-able unlike the m4 i have a different opinion then bluecrackers akm over m4 unless silenced or has m203 with it.

Well if I am not totally off, then one barracks are south west and the other are northeast.

As for mentioned weapons, I would take AKM over plain M4, but if the M4 was with Aimpoint, then I would probably keep that.

Also AKM with 6 mags > M4 with 2 by a long shot.

Personally I like open sights of AKM and AK74 more then the closed ones of M4/M16.

Thanks for the help, and does anyone have any tips on how/where I can find a sniper (preferably a DMR or M24) I've been looking for ever but can't find one.

I found a M24 in a air control tower, there not common there but its where Id look.

I found one in firestation, at the top of the tower.

I would say stick with the M4. I have used both and the AKM is so freaking loud it has zombies from everywhere chasing me. The M4 is quiet enough to where it wont attract a massive horde.

I don't know if you're into things like this, but this map right here makes the game much more enjoyable for me as a newer player. I can find where things are and navigate very efficiently. When in the game I'll Alt + Tab out and check the map every so often.

Map link: http://dayzdb.com/map#4.046.054

m4 > akm easy. I dont even have any rational argument other than the sights, but the m4 -- all of its variants -- just feel right. I never had any trouble coming across ammo for either weapon, so unless this decision was to be made in the midst of a firefight (bad time to do so anyway), the 4 additional mags really aren't much of a concern - 4 stanag mags will turn up over the course of visiting the next fire station/barracks/tent/deer huts...

AKM is one shot kill on zeds, M4 isn't, that's pretty much it. is also with a headshot.

FTFY

Edited by Diz