motopsycho92

Want to play DayZ but..

Hey Everybody,

I've never been into pc gaming but recently heard about ARMA 2 and the DayZ mod and wanted to try it out. My computer is a few years old and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to run the game. To try to find out I downloaded the ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead demo. Even on the lowest settings the game is super slow and glitchy in my movements and such, to the point of being unplayable. Again I know nothing about PC gaming and very little about computers. With that demo acting this way, does that mean DayZ will be just as unplayable?

My system consists of

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+

2.1 GHz CPU Speed

2.0 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Video Card

154.4 GB Free Disc Space

Thanks for any input.

pretty much, i find on my basic pc that dayz is a little harder to run than regular arma

I have always bought a new very expencive computer just to be able to play the OFP/Arma series.

The game needs a very powerfull pc and a very high end video card.

The more processor power the better, the more graphicscard power the better.

You seem to have a low end graphics card, also your processor is not that heavy, however i'm not really known with AMD chips.

Arma2 + Dayz will be at least the same as the free version of arma.

You might improve with a new graphics card.

Edited by Allie

I think you are out of luck buddy. Hope to see you when you upgrade.

OP:

I was until recently playing on a machine very similar to yours and on a laptop to boot. You should be able to run it but you wont be able to have everything on high. Try with low settings with your visibilty range at no more then 2k and you should be ok. You might get some lag but you'd be able to check it out especially if you already purchased ARMA 2