Sign in to follow this  
KarmaKinkajou

New Sanctuary Server!

Have you ever been banned for suggestive hacking when you really werent? Well heres a server for you!

The "Freeborn Sanctuary Server"! The server is passworded so what you need to do is go to

http://freebornsanctuary.webs.com/apps/blog/ and get pass.

Best way to find server is to use PlaywithSix and type Freeborn into the searchbar, or use ingame launcher and type in free and it takes a while to appear.

Hope you come play with us:)

its not. Sanctuary servers are allowed, but passworded servers are NOT. You're host should take your server down whenever it is passworded / locked. As the server admin you should be playing by the rules.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

4. Your server must not be password protected or locked.

Edited by Sgt.Leon

Hmmm, I really question if this IS allowed or not.

Private servers, specifically most private servers including the one I have hosted at HFBServers are on a private hive. Unlike regular DayZ Server hosting you get full control over the servers config including password protecting it or not. They are even working on providing full root access to private server leases which even allows database manipulations, spawn control, etc.

Since you are already disconnected from the public hive, I do not believe there is much that can be done to prevent this, outside of taking legal action against someone.

I have another private hive server with 50 vehicle spawns, decent connection, etc that i would love to invite other regular players to join in on the fun. This is the one issue i have been questioning regarding posting here an invite.

Its a private hive, he can do what the fuck he wants. He can ban you for looking at him wrong.

my private hive server is hosted by vilayer, having a password is not an option as the server auto shuts down after five mins of the password being on. this is how all hosted servers should work imo. Rocket did say somewhere that he would like to see more support coming in the future for private servers like the lingor maps etc etc :)

Its a private hive, he can do what the fuck he wants. He can ban you for looking at him wrong.

no he cant. unless he his physically hosting the server in his bedroom then he is bound by no terms. However, if he is paying a company to host the server for him (like I am) then that GSP is required to abide by the DayZ rules such as no passworded server otherwise their IP range is at risk of being banned, as satated in the DayZ TOS.

Yes he can. The official rules only apply to servers connected to the official hive. Private hive == NO rules whatsoever!

Doesnt matter where he hosts it. Those rules are for official hive.

Edited by AndreasB

Yes he can. The official rules only apply to servers connected to the official hive. Private hive == NO rules whatsoever!

Doesnt matter where he hosts it. Those rules are for official hive.

I think youre missing the point. For a GSP to commercially sell the DayZ product they are bound by the DayZ TOS. Hence why I differentiated bewteen a server hosted in his bedroom, or one hosted by a company.

I think youre missing the point. For a GSP to commercially sell the DayZ product they are bound by the DayZ TOS. Hence why I differentiated bewteen a server hosted in his bedroom, or one hosted by a company.

Link please.

They arent selling DayZ. They are selling ArmA2 server with a mod.

Edited by AndreasB