Sign in to follow this  
patrike12

Where can i get some matches, or food?

I've literally ran all through elektro to find nothing but guns and ammo. I've searched nearly every building, but have never found a box of matches or food. Since nobody seems to want to trade me for cooked meat or matches, it seems i will probably die searching for them. So for the next time, where can i get some matches or food.

Supermarkets. I can't enter them without tripping over the huge piles of watches, beans and matches.

This really changes from each time you play. Some rounds I´ve been filled up with beans and sodas, found binoculars, knife and mathces within 30 mins, but other rounds they are just nowhere to find. Perhaps several other players had just looted the same spots just a short time before you entered the same spots? Once I ran through all of Cherno without finding a single gun or rifle - absolutely nothing. And the city was surrounded by several snipers that killed me twice before I the third attempt managed to find an axe and flanked one of them up on the hills. He shot me before I came close enough, the bastard :(

But yeah, DayZ is cruel. And that´s why I love it.

It's random drops, you just have to keep searching. Don't forget a knife. You need matches and a knife to get meat for blood, and the hatchet for the wood, unless you find wood spawned, but since the inventory system is really poor carrying wood around for too long is a huge waste of space. I don't think matches spawn in industrial spawns though.

supermarkets, churches often spawn matches. I never have trouble finding them, but it always depends.

This really changes from each time you play. Some rounds I´ve been filled up with beans and sodas, found binoculars, knife and mathces within 30 mins, but other rounds they are just nowhere to find. Perhaps several other players had just looted the same spots just a short time before you entered the same spots? Once I ran through all of Cherno without finding a single gun or rifle - absolutely nothing. And the city was surrounded by several snipers that killed me twice before I the third attempt managed to find an axe and flanked one of them up on the hills. He shot me before I came close enough, the bastard :(

But yeah, DayZ is cruel. And that´s why I love it.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I guess I'll go back into elektro and scout the store again, but ill probably die.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I guess I'll go back into elektro and scout the store again, but ill probably die.

Go to Berezino or Zelenogorsk. No place is truly safe but these are relatively low-profile cities with supermarkets.

im

Go to Berezino or Zelenogorsk. No place is truly safe but these are relatively low-profile cities with supermarkets.

I'm just outside of elektro, near the gas station west of it, and i also have a red food gauge, so long distace travel would be worthless.