Sign in to follow this  
FirstPunk

How do I fix DayZ Artifact Glitch?

Alright so I just came from this link, because I'm not sure anyone is going to reply to it and I need a lot of help about getting rid of this stupid bug/glitch that makes me prone to not seeing a thing and therefore dying because I'm as blind as a bat.

Link I came from: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/72430-another-temporary-fix-for-graphic-glitchartifact/

So I have Cbpo and Pboview both downloaded and I extracted the DayZ file in the addons folder in the @DayZ folder (Arma2/@DayZ/Addons) Appearntly there is supposed to be a new folder made inside the addons folder after I extract it, but there doesn't seem to be one, with both programs for some reason, I have no idea why this happens but I need help. I love this game but this glitch seems to be killing it for me.

Try using search before you post. This is asked a lot.

Usual fixes for me:

Turn VSync on/off

Change memory to High, Low, or Default

Change HDR settings

Restart Arma II

Occasionally cross servers

For now, you can just temporary get rid of the artifacts with the "FLUSH" option.

When ingame pres "left Shift" and the minus sign "-" on the number pad, this will open an invisible console, now type the word "flush" without quotes.

Your screen will turn black for a couple of seconds and when your game screen return the artifacts are gone .

There will be a patch soon that will fix this problem.

i'm really amazed, nobady knows this, just a couple of people use this while it is the only option to get rid of 99% of the artifatcs.

Edited by Allie

I have no idea what you're talking about...

But there is no guaranteed fix for this that doesn't put you in a position to be banned by BE (As far as I know).

There's some temporary workarounds that can work sometimes. I've tried most of them, and I'll explain the one that works for my buddy and I.

Note: The following only seems to work when the glitches are on your screen when you perform these steps (But it's not guaranteed. Sometimes takes me 3-4 attempts)

In your (Advanced) video settings, switch your HDR quality from very high to the lowest setting (is it default or very low? I don't recall. Too lazy to open to game to find out) or vice versa. Then change your Video memory from whatever it is to Default, then back again. One you have done that, hit escape, abort, disconnect from lobby, cancel the multiplayer gamelist, and exit the game (In other words, do a manual quit of the game, DO NOT ALT-F4 OUT OF IT ANY ANY WAY). After this, if you use a launcher, exit the launcher as well. I wait about 30 seconds after everything is closed out, and then I open everything back up again. If it's not gone when you get back, try again. I usually give it 3-4 attempts before giving up.

No, it's not a fix. No, we don't have a fix. We have to wait for Rocket to give us a fix, or just remove the offending objects completely (Which would mean getting rid of wire kits as well) which seems to be less likely.

Good luck, mate. We all hate these glitches.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

For now, you can just temporary get rid of the artifacts with the "FLUSH" option.

When ingame pres "left Shift" and the minus sign "-" on the number pad, this will open an invisible console, now type the word "flush" without quotes.

Your screen will turn black for a couple of seconds and when your game screen return the artifacts are gone .

i'm really amazed, nobady knows this, just a couple of people use this while it is the only option to get rid of 99% of the artifatcs.

I have a laptop with no NUM Lock button and no keypad. Any idea how i would get this to come up, or what it may be labeled in the controls so I can re-bind it to something else?

I've heard this works sometimes:

1. Either double tap the " - " symbol on the number pad as to zoom out. (It has worked a few times for me)
  2. Press "Left Shift" + "Num Pad "-"", than type "Flush" (Worked once)

I have a laptop with no NUM Lock button and no keypad. Any idea how i would get this to come up, or what it may be labeled in the controls so I can re-bind it to something else?

Then you're F*cked... :lol:

I have the same dilemma and I think we could both work around it if you put dayz in a window and opened the on-screen keyboard in the windows control panel

-EDIT- Damn theres no num pad on it

Edited by UsefulUtensils