Sign in to follow this  
anthraxmaxxx

DMR one shot?

Lol, I don't care if it's the internet, it's not an excuse to throw out any sense of common courtesy/decency.

You should really consider being nicer to people. Rather than complain about others, how about giving advice in a constructive manner or just help them out in general.

If all you do is troll around the internet talking smack, sucks to be you.

i do?

im pretty sure half my posts are telling retards theyre retarded. only thing i can hope for is when they read my post they think to themselves "geez i dont want that guy slamming me again, i better put some thought into my post next time"

and the other half answering every question thread i know the answer to.

Ah, thanks Buffjesus. You are like a Day Z encyclopedia sometimes.

Ran another test.

It's no mystery that the damage drops the farther your target is. ArmA2 trows a deceleration on the bullet, thus degrades the damage. But exactly how the damage is calculated?

Well, I don't know the deceleration of the bullet along the XY coordinates, but I believe it is constant, for simplicity's sake. So here's the result

At and beyond 700m, I can confirm via ArmA2 The Shooting Range test that the damage of this weapon always drops below 4,5k, so, maybe the blood damage diminishes by 5 for those 8k every meter your target is away from you, like if it is only 112m away, he will suffer (8000-112*5=) 7440 in damage. ArmA 2 also simulates different muzzle speeds every time you shoot your gun, which is also true to reality, using normal ammo.

Notes: The standard soldier on the game can withstand damage equivalent to 4,5k of "blood", so, if it takes 5 bullets of G17 to kill a zombie, the soldier in ArmA 2 will take 5 shots to the body to be killed.

Although the bullet is not modeled in game, meaning you can't see one flying by, they do have a trajectory. The bullet, unless it is a tracer, is just a geometrical point (x, y, z coordinates) with vectors describing velocity in those coordinates, and it does fly around the map, so it has a parabolic trajectory, meaning it will travel more than the linear distance from you to your target. What it all means is that those calculations I did are gross estimatives.

You will lose damage at range. Some days I like to kill people slowly and with a spark of adventure, so I bring out the M24, L85, or DMR. Other days I want people dead and gone while providing overwatch, those are M107 days. Choose your weapon according to that which you wish accomplished.

Edit: fixed obnoxious text formatting, also info came from http://dayzdb.com/database/dmr

Edited by Pook

always aim for the head when sniping

Good advice... if you're playing CoD!

DayZ (and ARMA of course) does not use hit scan and tracks the projectile's trajectory and velocity. If you do not know the exact range, aiming for the head is stupid. Always better to go centre mass and then plug another hole in him then aim for the head and miss. Even if he Alt-F4s the coward is most likely dead before he wakes up again. You miss and he'll ether fight back or quit out scott free!

yup efficiency = noob

nailed it brah'

community forum posts are just too damn good.

edit: you cant even copy/paste right...

#1 class

I paraphrased it you silly little boy. Allthough I understand that for you the only time you are ever correct is when you have copy/pasted something.

The reason that you are a noob sniper is because for you sniping is:

1. Find range. 2. Zero. 3 Fire.

I use an AS50, but I realise it take no skill, a monkey can do it. The funny thing is you think you are skilled as evidenced from a post in another thread which was comical in your use and reference to the term: 'real snipers'. Comical when you consider the difference between an actual sniper, and some stupid spotty little teenager pushing a piece of plastic on a desk.

In this other post you also showed how much you sucked with a DMR. So yes, you are a noob sniper. A DMR is very hard to use compared with an AS50, that is why you suck, why you are a noob sniper.

i do?

im pretty sure half my posts are telling retards theyre retarded. only thing i can hope for is when they read my post they think to themselves "geez i dont want that guy slamming me again, i better put some thought into my post next time"

and the other half answering every question thread i know the answer to.

lol, just...lol...

That's not enough...

ROLL AROUND THE FLOOR LAUGHING!

Why is it that retards think they are really intelligent?

I paraphrased it you silly little boy. Allthough I understand that for you the only time you are ever correct is when you have copy/pasted something.

The reason that you are a noob sniper is because for you sniping is:

1. Find range. 2. Zero. 3 Fire.

I use an AS50, but I realise it take no skill, a monkey can do it. The funny thing is you think you are skilled as evidenced from a post in another thread which was comical in your use and reference to the term: 'real snipers'. Comical when you consider the difference between an actual sniper, and some stupid spotty little teenager pushing a piece of plastic on a desk.

In this other post you also showed how much you sucked with a DMR. So yes, you are a noob sniper. A DMR is very hard to use compared with an AS50, that is why you suck, why you are a noob sniper.

lol, just...lol...

That's not enough...

ROLL AROUND THE FLOOR LAUGHING!

another elitest retard who thinks hes good because he uses an inefficient gun to get his 20% kill rate.

but go on, i enjoy laughing at retards who think theyre good with failing shot - kill ratios

also, nice on the 2nd part. cant come up with anything so he goes and make himself look like he has downs

Edited by Buffjesus

Damage really needs to be reworked in this game. A sniper rifle with a range of 800 meters shouldn't do more damage at 100 meters than at 700 meters. Even if we're talking the complexities of tumbling physics, you're not getting a reliable increase in trauma.

Why shouldn't it do more damage at 100 than it does at 800 meters?

Seriously. It is a 7.62mm round. If you get hit centre mass then you would die.

This is the reason the European military stopped using these rounds.

The 5.56mm round creates casualties, screaming, crying, bleeding casualties that need medical treatment.

The 7.62mm round creates deadness. Quiet, still bodies that will lose their morphine and 24 hour ration packs.

They didn't go to 5.56 because it was less lethal they switched to it because you can carry more.

"The more you know, the more you know that you don't know"

-Aristotle

Edited by MrX

The DMR, like any sniper, will almost always KO them with a chest shot. I just shot a guy at 706 meters yesterday, hit him in the shoulder and he went down for the count so I could finish him off. At closer distances it will KO almost anywhere. Been using it a lot recently and I've only seen someone move after being shot twice, and those were hits to the waist. Lot of misinformation in some of the previous posts, and don't aim for the head at 700m+ because it's a hard fucking shot to make, hit them in the chest and kill them while they nap.

I can attest to this not being correct. I shot some guy from 600m in the chest yesterday and he walked it off. Didn't alt f4, so my respect goes out to him though.

another elitest retard who thinks hes good because he uses an inefficient gun to get his 20% kill rate.

but go on, i enjoy laughing at retards who think theyre good with failing shot - kill ratios

also, nice on the 2nd part. cant come up with anything so he goes and make himself look like he has downs

Wow, you are even more mind-numbingly stupid than I realised. In the post I say I use an AS50. In my sig I say I use an AS50. I don't have enough skill to use the DMR effectively. A large part of that is because the zeroing changes with zoom. But unlike you, I have not deluded myself that I am a skillful sniper.

So, that would be a NO. As in NEGATIVE, NOT the case. Do we understand that now little moron?

guess i should of worded it to how the rest of the world could understand

real snipers = players with good enough skill that they dont fuck up

YOU are the one who has 'noob snipers have no style' as there stupid sig.YOU are a noob sniper. You are so stupid that you don't even regard yourself as a noob sniper. So it is rather ironic that you are in fact refering to yourself by a more objective definition of the term.

Wow, looking through some posts for that quote, and it is starkly obvious what an unpleasant little trolling moron you are.

Can you tell me what is wrong with your definition of the term: 'real snipers'?

thing i can hope for is when they read my post they think to themselves "geez i dont want that guy slamming me again, i better put some thought into my post next time"

Oh dear... Take that hope, and shove it up your ass.

• Like 1