leothedrummer

Unable to use items in gear menu

Date: 09/06/2012

Time: 11:00pm onwards

What happened: Unable to use bandages/eat food/etc - the "eat/drink/bandage" button appears behind the other items in the menu

Where you were: Various locations around Cherno

What you were doing: Attempting to use a bandage

Current version: 1.7 beta

Server: ANZ1

Cheers

Bump.

Same issue, the solution is to click the green box that sticks outside of the inventory, some things are impossible to click as they do not stick out of the inventory.

This bug occurs on any server.

Note: I am using Arma II free (may pick Arma II up if it goes on sale) and Arma II Operation Arrowhead (paid for).

I have the same issue.

Date: 13/06/2012

Time: 9:00pm onwards

What happened: Unable to use bandages/eat food/etc - the "eat/drink/bandage" button appears behind the other items in the menu

Where you were: All over map

What you were doing: Attempting to use a bandage

Current version: 1.7 beta

Server: Dallas 3

i have this also depending on where the item is in the inventory. the use command goes under the inventory. Happens 24/7

Same issue. Right-click dropdown menus for any gear menu items are hidden behind the main inventory instead of on top, making them impossible to click if part of the menu doesn't "stick out" past the rest of the UI. Happens on any server I try.

Same aforementioned issues here. It doesn't matter about location, time, server, etc. Any server I go to, it's the same issue. My "Open/Close bag" icon is also shifted to the right, under the next icon location, though it is clickable. I also cannot tell my location when it scrolls on the bottom right, as you log in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks.

i have the same problem, but most of the time only with using bandages...

i am not sure but i dont think that is a server side prob..and yes any help or hint is welcome..

THX

I have just found out that you can reach those "hidden" items by moving the splash screen. This has worked for me on several occasions now. I know it's not ideal -BUT- it will keep you from bleeding to death. Just grab the top of the inventory screen like you would to move a browser and slide it to the side. If you close it, you will have to move it again to reach the "eat/drink/use" items that appear underneath the splash screen.

Just to add to this, Campfires and gutting animals seems to be broken as well at this time. Three different servers tried, all the same effect. I do indeed have the items required.

I had this problem for the first week of playing DayZ. Any right-click context menus would appear behind the gear screen, meaning I could only use items if they were on the right hand side of my gear screen, where the context menus would poke out from behind and be clickable. I actually bled out twice due to not being able to bandage myself before I realised what was happening :P

I was using the beta launcher shortcut to play and as a result was only playing the game as Operation Arrowhead beta with the DayZ mod.

Faffed around and got it set up so that Steam would use the beta and DayZ mod, and that way I could launch it as Combined Operations in Steam. Suddenly I've no longer had this problem. Loading screens also look different, and the server select menu is brown instead of green.

If any of you are having this problem, and aren't launching the game as Combined Operations*, then I would suggest doing so, because it was what fixed this issue for me (and a few other bugs in the interface).

*One way to tell is that in the main game menu, if you've launched as just OA, you'll only have the OA logo in the bottom left. If you've launched as CO you'll get both the ArmA2 and the ArmA2:OA logos.

..The solution that worked for me for all issues that i had was a full reinstall of arma 2 and OA...now everything is working fine...no connection problems no gear problems...

GL&HF