Sign in to follow this  
Recom

the way Third Person works

Third Person should be part of the game. However the tactical advantage is too big: looking over walls, around corners,... ect.

What about this: you can only see zeds/survivor/supply via 3P, if you would see them in first person.

This would fully remove the tactical advantage.

It would trick you though. You'd be looking over a wall and than bam! A guy all of a sudden appears in front of you... I'd say just have more servers that only allow first person, as in a recent thread mentions ways to make first person great, and very usable.

...Or you could play in a server with 3D: OFF, lol.

How would you implement this? Just have players/zombies be invisible if you look at them round a corner? Sounds like you'd end up thinking the coast was clear and moving out to get shot in the face all too often. You'd be at a disadvantage by using 3rd person, lol.

This is going to be discussed daily no matter how many times it is talked about.

You want third person disabled, go to a veteran server, do not try and force your play-style on to me.

so what, exactly, would the point of playing in third person be? just for those of us who really like to see the backs of our heads?

anyone who plays in third person does it for the expanded field of view. don't like it? play on a server with it turned off.

i'd have more respect for you if you just made another third person QQ thread rather than suggesting something like this.

This is going to be discussed daily no matter how many times it is talked about.

You want third person disabled, go to a veteran server, do not try and force your play-style on to me.

Veteran servers just have no nametag and stuff. They can still have 3D: ON. Just look in the tags for one with it disabled.

so what, exactly, would the point of playing in third person be? just for those of us who really like to see the backs of our heads?

I thought it was for choosing a female character and checking out dat_ass while you run through the forest ?

I thought it was for choosing a female character and checking out dat_ass while you run through the forest ?

never played female, brb....

What's that noise? *fapfapfapfapfap*

This is why we can't have nice people, places, and things.

I think it should have an adjusting third person, which moves forward or backward as you are enclosed. When you are right up against a wall, you can only really see the wall, just like in first person. This is obviously for the standalone, if that happens to use the RV4 engine, then that could be an issue...