Sula

Still having those adventures!

I decided that as this is probably my third or fourth week of playing, it was time to stop thinking of myself as a noob. Truth is, every time I get sniped (which is often) it hurts. I feel like all the effort of my life has been taken away by some street trash low life, like you read in the papers every day - good person killed for no reason by ignorant, half wit with a gun. And it IS hard to take a deep breath and get back up again but you have to or you're letting them win. And I'm not going to do that! :thumbsup:

So I decided what projects I wanted to tackle next. I wanted to hunt, cook and eat my own food, and to travel across the map, to carry water bottles and refill them, to find an automatic weapon, and find a deer stand all on my own. I added find antibiotics to that last when I developed a cough last night. :o

And this morning I completed my list! I had been travelling across the mid-west to mid-east when I found my first deer-stand. I found an mp5 and one ammo, which I soon learned isn't enough to make it worth carrying the thing. <_< Then I found an AKM, which is Zemalf's favourite weapon, (do you watch his "take it slow" approach to let's play dayz? It's fantastic.

I hunted a cow and later a pig, but no bunnies, too small and cute to kill. So my progress ticking off items from my list was going well. But then at Gorka I got into a fight with some dead people who didn't want my sort in their town. :huh: So I politely left, leaving behind about half my blood. Thankfully, MikaelM came to my rescue with a blood transfusion, as he so often does. I don't know what we would do without these wonderful medics of ours. :thumbsup:

I'd developed a cough, and I knew that was a problem because antibiotics are so rare these days. I decided to run through the night and try to make my way to Berezino, to the hospital.

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I approached the town - that artifact glitch was spread across the sky. Somehow, tippy-toeing I made my way very slowly to the hospital and then had to waste 2 lots of ammo to get the damn window to break because I'd dumped my empty can, thinking I'd never need it. <_<

Box after box of bandages, morphine and epi pens. I'd all but given up when the last box had one antibiotic! :)

So I'm in good cheer, no ammo, little food left but no cough driving me nuts - why would a delicate lady like me have a cough like a 60 cigarette a day coal miner?

I've been very lucky. I admit, I'm still lonely sometimes. I've contacted a few people on skype but they're either not available at the same times as me or they're just interested in killing. Still, I'm hoping to hear from a few who haven't replied yet. :thumbsup:

Now if we can just get the hackers under control and tackle the reappearance of the old arma2 artifact glitch, dayz would be almost perfect! Roll on the finished product! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula
  • Like 7

Plenty of people on these forums are looking for groups. Having a hard time seeing you can't get a group going when the player pool is so large.

• Like 1

I actually rather enjoyed your narrating. Start a narrative thread perhaps? I'd follow it. However, our preferences are too different to ever play together; maybe one of these days.

• Like 1

Well, my group is heading north to gear up a bit to find some good rifles, im into surviving into wilderness they like shooting things..... If you want contact me, you have my skype on my profile : ) Cheers (Im north west from Czerno got 4x food and drink 5x morphine and bloodbags)

• Like 1

My skype is TylerIsTooPro. I roll with a small group about 5 total but normally only 2 at a time. I have been playing with them the last week and have had the craziest experiences of my Dayz life. It all started with me and all of us meeting for the first time. We finally join the same server only for a hacker to spawn us in the top right corner of the map, we quickly log off and hop onto another server. Lo and behold all the way up in the middle of no where we find a PBX speedboat! We all drop off at skalitsky(Spelled wrong I know) island. The next day we log on it is daytime and we explore the island finding 5 camping tents full of loot: NVG's,Rangefinders,M4A3 CCO, and all that stuff. We log off and get back on later that night ( a different server) and right there on skalitsky there is a helicopter which then takes us 3 hours to fix. (That swim blows) and fly it to the military tents in stary only to find a bus! We then hide all our new goodies and log off. the next day all of our vehicles had despawned! So we walk back to the shore and meet up again, a couple of us had died somehow. everyone else logged off and I walked towards stary again only to find a fully functioning helicopter in the field next to the military tents. (This was a different server btw) I then proceeded to try and land it but end up blowing up the heli instead. *Cringe*. Oh, and we ended up getting a red sedan yesterday with a DMR and a m4a1 holo. That is not mentioning the as50 stories and the L85 stories. Like I said if you ever want to team up or anything shoot me a message on skype: TylerIsTooPro

• Like 1

Riplak, I know there are, I read the threads. All I can do is repeat what I said: I have no trouble finding people to sign up on skype but it's hard to get them together at the same time and to find mature players who are not kiddies who say lol a everything, and want to shoot everyone they see.

Zooks, thanks. :beans:

Edited by Sula

Sayres, what's your skype name? I have so many people on skype who didn't tell me their forum name, so I have no idea who they are. :thumbsup:

That sounds like a busy day, Tyler! :beans:

Edited by Sula

I sent you a formal request on skype, =). Hope to see you soon on the fields and be safe! =D

My Skype name's Boj.woj im ready to travel even at night (NVG) and we wont lost (GPS) : )

Surviving in the wilderness is currently the way I've been playing. ATM my survivor is almost a month old! Occasionally I team up with some folk when they're raiding the NWAF or a hospital but for the most part I lone wolf it. Had my fair share of close calls with bandits, zombies, killer trees, a stray hand grenade, at one point i was run over by a cow (He was tasty), and got caught up in quite a major skirmish which resulted in a stand-off and hostage exchange (Wasn't me but still it was the most tense moment I've ever experienced in a videogame)... Also shared beans with noobs and veterens, traded items, conducted a Search and Rescue operation in the rain and stole a helicopter from some hoodlums. Hopefully I'll last another month and have some more similar experiences.