Sign in to follow this  
Leerik

Respawn [DEAD] and bugged out with ZERO gear

So I was alive for several days straight and had LOTS of gear (nightvision, LM85, gillysuit, etc). I log in tonight and it instantly says I'm dead (was in the woods at the time and only one other on the server) It respawns me in the same place I had logged out but there are not trees or any textures of anykind. Looks like a grass dessert. AND all my gear is gone, even flashlight, bandage, backpage. BUT graphically it shows me wearing the gilly suit still.

I log out and back in and it puts me on the coast with no gear still. and during all of this it still keeps my stats current with my over 100 headshots and now shows one death.

This is the SECOND time this has happened to me. Does anyone know what I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again? because if this happens again I am for sure never playing this game again. put in too much damn work to lose everything for no reason, TWICE.

Thanks for any legit suggestions.

[PH]Leerik

I had this too, serveral times! I had 2 theories. Either its something with the ghillie suit, or both times i logged out very close under a tree. Maybe there wasn't space upon logging in or something, since in the first few seconds you are always standing up when logging in.

It would make sense if it's something with the gilly suit as I believe I had it on the last time this happened too. I had thought the same thing about logging out too close to something and have made sure not to do that and didn't this time. Guess no gilly suit from now on :/

Same thing, been playing on US 39, logged in early this AM on another server to have daylight and spawned dead with no gear in the middle of nothing no trees no shore line just a barren wasteland, that sucks no gear no food got to start from scratch for no reason... Great fun

This is also the Second time it has happened to me. I was playing on a server that was 1.7.2.5. I Also have a ghillie suit.

i'm not raging, but seriously. I lost my AS50, NVG, GPS and Coyote pack the first time. This time i lost my Silenced m4, NVG, range finder, GPS and another coyote pack.

I love this game. And i want to play it. But this is fucking bullshit. seriously, I had just spent +5 hours repairing a car. log out, sleep, wake up this morning and Bam. Fuck man. Is there nothing that can be done?

• Like 1

I spent 22 hours yesterday (non stop) hunting for a vehicle, finding one, repairing it, driving about for some gear accumluation, park up save my tent an vehicle. I decided after 8 days of being a female I was fed up of standing out like a dude in a birds toilet and left all my gear in the tent to go die so I could spawn a guy and grab my shit. As soon as I died, the server crashed the reason you ask? Server had issues ( TIMEOUT ) for 60 seconds ( Restarted 0 time(s) ) lol.

I couldn't respawn, tried another server eventually did but with my female char and all my gear, tried our server, spawn in debug, ran to our camp, nothing. Restarted server, the tents appeaered nothign else, gear vehicle all gone.

I am and I'm not complaining, yes its a total waste of my time but surely there was a reason? Hive down? Server issue?

I find it strange that as soon as I commited suicide the server crashed.

Not a happy bunny this morning, but then, what else would we do with everything? The bugs probably keep this game ticking over!

I died i was north of map i had no ghillie suit on, this and that just looking for camps. re-logged in another server after server restart and died and spawned on coast i had nothing not even my backpack.

It is so weird. I play with a group of 5-6 people. We all have ghillies and log out at the sime time and spot, yet i am the only one who spawns at the coast naked upon relogging. For 3 times now.. How the hell is this possible? I now keep my civilian clothing, to wear that when i logout. I hope i will not spawn at the coast next time (in 10 minutes).

This is definitely a game killing bug for me. The countdown is on til the next time.

And I do use DayzCommander and am up to date. I also had joined another server but it was the same version as the server I play on. I'm not using the gilly suit from now on, we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for all the replies, it's nice to know others are getting the same problem. Well, nice but sucks for all of us.

Not to bump a dead topic. . . but i WAS NOT wearing a Ghillie suit and just lost another AS50 with 7 clips, NVG, RF, GPS, silenced m9, and coyote pack full of stuff.....

Fuck this shit.

I will only chase people in cherno with axes from this point on. I'm sick of working hard and losing everything.

Today's death was this and with that, I'm done with the DayZ mod indefinitely.

With the standalone coming soon, I have no faith that core issues like this and the dead soldier bug are going to be addressed. Instead of fixing what makes this mod unplayable, more actions are implemented against combat loggers. Totally the wrong priority, in my opinion. It seems that the mod has simply become a test ground for future features that the standalone will have.

Details: spawned in the middle of nowhere with the log saying I was killed. My leg was broken but I was apparently still able to run around. Was excited to use my new FN FAL AN/PVS-4 that I picked up from a heli crash last night but had nothing in my inventory anymore. Lost the DMR in my pack too. This, after looking for NVGs for 3 days.

Saved tent with SVD camo and ammunition disappeared the other day but I think server restarts may cause that? Bummer nonetheless, since it also had a Ghillie Suit in it.

Death before this one, I was in the middle of a forest in the middle of nowhere, fully decked. NVGs, DMR, blah blah blah. A dude materialized next to me and 1 shot me. That makes me assume that BattleEye is useless.

THIS ISN'T FUN ANYMORE.

Edited by lolzMcGee

Same issue, same opinion.

There is no need to find more features for the standalone: the players just want a game that works, without hourly bugs and exploits. But they can't understand that. And as they want to make money with this, they forbid all community support to help them at resolving issue and enhancing the overall game. They are not a mod team anymore, they are a company, and that change everything.

Players are leaving to WarZ, and those who still have to deal with ever more numerous hackers and snooty DayZ employees.

Players are losing hope for DayZ. Just wait until the project fail, and wait 2 more months until free developers take up the torch.

*sigh*