gusmanak

Did the security breach affect servers directly?

I logged in this morning to find that my vehicle was gone.

It's very possible that it was snatched, but I can't help but wonder if the security breach affected the servers at all, since last night everything was working fine. (Maybe the some servers were reset to a previous date?)

I just want to know whether my hiding job was at fault or not. :P

-Seattle 7-

You hid it in the middle of Elektro in broad daylight, with a neon sign saying, "Vehicle here!"

What did you expect?

No I actually hid it along the edge of the map... It was at least 2 km from any buildings.

I have noticed odd behavior upon server restart than sometimes vehicles (and tents) do not immediately reappear or spawn. I would strongly suggest you return to the location of your vehicle and check again. I thought I had lost my off-road truck and two tents full of gear and I almost killed myself in the ensuing depression but instead decided to return to the site and check one last time. Lo-and-behold everything was there, intact and fully stocked.

So, yeah. Double check before you make any rash decisions or judgements.

I don't know, but since (during?) the supposed hack we had discovered like 3 working vehicles randomly parked in a city. A tractor, ATV and a bike...

Before that, we have never ever seen a single one O_o

Nope, not mine. I do hope that it's just the server bugging out though.

I once had a tractor though, and when the server crashed it was gone. So was another vehicle that I was planning on repairing... Crushed, I killed some hordes. But later, the server crashed again.

I went back to where my tractor used to be to get supplies from the nearby buildings, and it was there again.

What is disappointing is that there's no way to tell if the server is stuck in that mid-point where cars aren't back yet.

Unless anyone else on Seattle 7 doesn't see their car anymore either?

It either didn't appear because of a bug, or someone found it. I know that if I found one I would take it. Lol

It was definitely the server.

After a day without my beloved truck, we have been reunited. :D

I suggest if you have a vehicle that's disappeared, check back later and it will probably be there.

The Internet does not have enough face palms.

Vehicle loss is, unfortunately, a very common occurrence. I doubt it had anything to do with the security issues.

The reason that there were no vehicles for quite some time, then a lot of them is elucidated, I believe, elsewhere in these forums (essentially they were broken, then a server side patch brought them back in with some enhancements like bicycles).

Keep calm and carry on.