Sign in to follow this  
DubbaJonny

After starting my server, I'm unable to connect, others are able to connect

Hi guys,

So I recently my server was whitlisted and I was able to set everything up perfectly. However, I am experiencing one annoying issue where I am unable to connect to my own server. I own multiple CD keys so I do not get the CD key in use dialog, it is different. Basically when my server is up I cannot connect to any other dayz servers including my own.

I was able to without error until my main router did an automated reboot by accident while my server was up, I didn't change any settings. Ever since when I try to login to my server I get Joining Game...until Connection Failed. This error occurs with every server I try to connect to not just my own.

As I said everything was running perfectly until my router randomly rebooted and now it almost seems like my server is blocking up my connection to be able to connect to other servers, because when I take it offline, everything works.

I've seen similar problems in the fourms and I've tried most suggestions, messing with winsock, etc. Nothing is working. I've been working with networks for many years and this is particularly frustrating as I'd like to manage my server some in-game or be able to play DayZ while running my server.

Thanks for the help,

Jon

Also, as said in the title, others are able to connect. Several of my friends have connected and hive is enabled and working as well. I'm also able to join servers as soon as my server goes down.

Edited by DubbaJonny