Sign in to follow this  
bolognapwny

ok i need help

First of all I am having a hard time getting into games at all... Something wrong with my version I think as some server I click on tell me i have the wrong version... Where do i update my version at... 2nd Games I can get into the screen is pitch black.. I can see outlines of tree's but its like I am playing in total darkness... I can hear fine... don't know how to communicate with players... Really I am mad I just spent 30$ to play this mod, and have such a hard time even getting into a game... going on 2 hours now.

Well first of all the Servers in Orange on your six launcher are in a higher Version not yet given by the Six launcher.

Second.. the other servers you are joining were currently in the night time hours. read the time zones on the server name to find one in a feasible timezone for daytime play

OK .. you really need to do some research! First 'update' the mod by visiting the dayzmod DOT com site and clicking on the 'download alpha version' link top of the page.

Watch some DayZ videos on youtube, to get an understanding on how to 'play' the Alpha. Secondly the reason you can see outlines of trees and darkness is because you've landed in the DAyZ world ... AT NIGHT! :)

Mostly the 'pros' will tell you to go to Options > Video Options > and ramp up your brightness and gamma setting to full! You should now see a bit more (at night) and as long as it is a full moon (usually).

Stay OUT of the big cities if you want to survive!

Good luck!