What GPU are you using?

What are your settings?

Just wondering, trying to compare.

EVGA GTX 670 SuperClocked

Average fps - 45 to 50 fps

Forest fps - 50 fps

City fps - 30 fps

Edited by Stefan_S

Don't know mine, but it varies from server to server. Some are like a sticky note slideshow, others can be completely smooth with very few issues. I'm running an Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti

• Like 1

60 all over

gforce 470 OC

i7

18g RAM

How? With a 470 and 60fps? My 670 should blow it out of the water, as it is newer.

Well, depending in your settings. What are your settings?

1900 widescreen ,everything on high.

ya i was wondering that too, yours should be higher, I am just saying what FRAPS is telling me when i have it running.

OH and thats with Fraps running lol.

1900 widescreen ,everything on high.

ya i was wondering that too, yours should be higher, I am just saying what FRAPS is telling me when i have it running.

OH and thats with Fraps running lol.

As in recording? Or just having it on to display your fps.

What is your 3D resolution?>

Edited by Stefan_S

both, it may drop to 40 when recording, cant remember. never noticable. of course it depends on server. some junky servers i get about 5-10 fps and have to leave them. then try to find a better server and spawn at coast

i dont know what my 3D is set to, i will have to check later.

Edited by dms

I get anywhere from 17-40 depending on what graphics are rolling across my screen...

9800GT card, 3.3GHz 6-core CPU... feel like I should get more, but havent' been able to.

Trying to play around with the parameters for the target path, but alas, the hive went down and now i'm in limbo waiting.

• Like 1

i5 3570k

EVGA GTX 480 1.5 GB

Average fps - 55-65

Forest fps - 60

City fps - 55-60

High Settings( I dont set ultra high because i dont want my GPU to be overheated)

Wow, I really should be getting higher fps with my gtx 670 4gb..

Your eyes can only see about 30 FPS anyway. 60+ FPS is nice for a blurry effect to make things seem smoother to your eyes, but this game has motion blur, making that pointless. More isn't really better. As long as the game is playing smoothly above 30 FPS, you should be happy. I guess there's a reason you over compensated with a $439 video card though. SDS.

Your eyes can only see about 30 FPS anyway. 60+ FPS is nice for a blurry effect to make things seem smoother to your eyes, but this game has motion blur, making that pointless. More isn't really better. As long as the game is playing smoothly above 30 FPS, you should be happy. I guess there's a reason you over compensated with a $439 video card though. SDS.

I trust my choice. I didn't pick 4gb blindly.

I trust my choice. I didn't pick 4gb blindly.

I don't know how much you actually know about your hardware, but there is actually two cards built into the "one". The memory is mirrored on each card so that each GPU (on the different cards) can communicate faster than sending the memory from one to the other. Meaning you only have 2gb of usable memory. So toting around that big ol' 4gb number is just silly. However, I just ordered two of them with an i7 3930k, and I can't wait to plug those bad boys in! :)

How do I get better fps with my gtx 670?

It is really bothering me to see people with lower end gpu's get higher frame rates than me...

How do I get better fps with my gtx 670?

It is really bothering me to see people with lower end gpu's get higher frame rates than me...

get a better cpu

get a better cpu

the i5-3570k is plenty... the i7 doesn't add on anything to games, its hyper threading is made for editing and such

55~60 FPS anywhere I go.

Every video setting to the max, except HDR Quality and Post-Processing.

Gainward GeForce GTX 680

i7-3770k @ 3.5GHz

8GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz

Hi Stefan,

Try Disabling Post Proccessing , and reduce AA

Match 3d resolution to Screen resolution .

(if your native screen res is above 1920x1200 say 2550x1440 that will lower the FPS )

Draw distance has a large impact , although with Dayz I belive it is fixed server side.

Check your ping.

Hi Stefan,

Try Disabling Post Proccessing , and reduce AA

Match 3d resolution to Screen resolution .

(if your native screen res is above 1920x1200 say 2550x1440 that will lower the FPS )

Draw distance has a large impact , although with Dayz I belive it is fixed server side.

Check your ping.

My 3d and Interface Resolution is at 1920x1080, which is my native resolution.

I think I should be getting higher with the 670.