Sign in to follow this  
Rono

Hive Down?

If you were playing when there was a red broken chain, then yes, your gear will be reset.

Not even true. Means you're desync'd at the time, so shit you do LIKELY wont be saved, and I would wait till a minute after red chain goes away to log.

Apparently everyones gear is getting reset. Damn there goes my fal

Yes please quote, I was on with the red broken chain. Spawned back in as a fresh spawn and lost everything.

Edited by Milez

Not even true. Means you're desync'd at the time, so shit you do LIKELY wont be saved, and I would wait till a minute after red chain goes away to log.

Yes, it is true. If you are playing with a red chain up everything you are doing is pointless /unless/ the red chain disappears. This means the server you are connected to is not connected to the HIVE, which means your inventory will not save during this period. Resetting it to its previous loadout before the chain was there.

Many posts in this thread were comaplining about desync problems for awhile before the many people said they were getting the server errors listed in this thread.

You somehow managed to make two very uninformed and assholeish posts in the matter of a few minutes in a single thread. Possibly will be a third after you read this post and faceroll your keyboard in rage.

• Like 1

It's an alpha, it was Rocket's own personal mod (not game) project that gained a load of popularity before it was anywhere near completed.

No. It isn't. It's well beyond that, you can't just decide to call your abandoned mod an "alpha", just like you can't call it a finished product.

Mad Fanboy? Go back to your community college "Game Designer" degree prelims.

Stop. It isn't an "alpha".

it's a mod that never made it to completion.

It's still a game, still reasonable to expect it to work properly.

And you know what? I'm gonna go ahead and say it, we even paid for it. Yep. Sure it's a mod, but we paid JUST TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT. if some guy throws you a leaflet that says "Justin Beiber concert tickets are $20 USD! Also, Kate Beckinsale will be nude on site" You're gonna be fuckin pissed when you don't see them titties and some neckbeard says "YA DIDN'T PAY FOAH IT!!!"

It's an Alpha...a mod can be in Alpha as they have different stages of development also. Also, this mod wasn't made to sell copies of Arma 2, it was made so people that had Arma2 could play a zombie survival game. It just took off and got picked up by alot of people, giving it a life of it's own. YOU paid for a game to play a mod that was well known to be in it's early stages and buggy as hell.

I have been able to join my usual servers without difficulties and loading didn't take painfully long, either. I guess only time will tell if I begin to desync with the server, but so far at the moment my friend and I are playing without any issues.

• Like 1

lol i have red chain all the time and i never lose anything rofl. silly forum noobs.

Everyone gets a red chain all the time. The problem is when its consistent and doesn't disappear. It can come up and go away, meaning when it goes away it saves your loadout. Its only when it remains for long periods of time is when you should be concerned. Whenever I get a red chain, I try to make a mental note of the location I was at and time, park in a building and wait a few minutes. If it persists for five minutes, I log out.

I have been able to join my usual servers without difficulties and loading didn't take painfully long, either. I guess only time will tell if I begin to desync with the server, but so far at the moment my friend and I are playing without any issues.

Maybe the problem has already come and past. Which would mean just a hiccup.

The forums are definitely loading faster. Someone did /something./

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Yes, it is true. If you are playing with a red chain up everything you are doing is pointless /unless/ the red chain disappears. This means the server you are connected to is not connected to the HIVE, which means your inventory will not save during this period. Resetting it to its previous loadout before the chain was there.

Many posts in this thread were comaplining about desync problems for awhile before the many people said they were getting the server errors listed in this thread.

You somehow managed to make two very uninformed and assholeish posts in the matter of a few minutes in a single thread. Possibly will be a third after you read this post and faceroll your keyboard in rage.

Yes. You're gear will reset if you log out in a period of time when you aren't connected to the hive. Fucking moron, get the fuck out of my thread.

Yes. You're gear will reset if you log out in a period of time when you aren't connected to the hive. Fucking moron, get the fuck out of my thread.

Can you put your tears in my bean can I ate from your backpack? It needs more salt. Tears have lots of salt in them. :beans:

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 2

lol i have red chain all the time and i never lose anything rofl. silly forum noobs.

Says the guy with 5 posts.

• Like 1

Says the guy with 5 posts.

Forum "noobs" as in the people complaining on the forums are noobs, not that these people are new to the forum.

idk what you guys are talking about, ive been playing for the last 5 hours thru this so called "hive down" period. Everything is working just fine.not on a private server either..

Seems to be back up, still lost my things. Oh well, I will just start looking like a noob again. More interesting searching for items then having them.

idk what you guys are talking about, ive been playing for the last 5 hours thru this so called "hive down" period. Everything is working just fine.not on a private server either..

yeah i was doing perfectly fine the last 4~5 hours, till everyone on my server started to run in place. Then everyone tried to reconnect only to come to one of the following screens, Waiting for Host, This server is running the incorrect server side application, bad version server connection rejected, or stuck on limbo loading screen. Restarting the server did work for a good 5 minutes then it started to d/c as if it was doing rolling restarts on it's own.

• Like 1

Was flying in a chopper with 3 other buds when the hive went down. We have no frigging clue where the thing is now.

Checked the spot where we desynced at, the spot where the pilot landed it during the desync, the path we thought we took between those points, and the last 2 locations we saved the chopper at. No dice.

Think the thing despawned?

Edited by deathTouch

i am guessing the forums is connected to the hive and one of the following is happening right now, a. forums are being hammered, b. hive is being hammered with mass logins or server requests, c. both, causing desync issues, the single server that the forum database or the hive database is under extreme heavy stress causing very long loading times, or crapping out again. it's not up.

I still got my stuff

yeah i still have my stuff but every server i tried to connect to results in a infinite loading screen Edited by Rokochan
  • Like 1

I'm speculating of course but all this talk of HIVEs and servers leads me to believe someone just made an honest mistake, you know "new people on the job" type stuff... shit can happen...

"Billy, go swap out that bladeserver - the HIVE has become unstable! we need to support the extra load for the weekend!!!!!!!

11208.jpg?hash=AGEyMQx4Zm&upscale=1

beekeeper-825.jpg

"It seems to be working, but..... the floor in the server room is kinda... STICKY??!!??

• Like 1

i am guessing the forums is connected to the hive and one of the following is happening right now, a. forums are being hammered, b. hive is being hammered with mass logins or server requests, c. both, causing desync issues, the single server that the forum database or the hive database is under extreme heavy stress causing very long loading times, or crapping out again. it's not up.

Holy shit. Someone else with critical thinking skills. What has this community come too? Beans for you.

Edit - Oh yeah, they definitely changed something with the forums. There is now a limit to the amount of BEANS you can give per day. What is this? Someone is definitely touching permissions in the background of something.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

errrror-2.png

This is either new or I have spammed a lot more beans than I ever have before.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

Servers crapping out is nothing new to me as i sat in front of my computer during blizzard's patch days or release days through hours or days of downtime.

• Like 2

I'm speculating of course but all this talk of HIVEs and servers leads me to believe someone just made an honest mistake, you know "new people on the job" type stuff... shit can happen...

"Billy, go swap out that bladeserver - the HIVE has become unstable! we need to support the extra load for the weekend!!!!!!!

"It seems to be working, but..... the floor in the server room is kinda... STICKY??!!??

Well it's probably not new people on the job, it's just the single hive server this mod is running on is over capacity, thus adding additional linked hive servers should alleviate the stress with the growing server load / player load. Every day or so 10~100 servers or 1000 players get added to the list.

Edited by Rokochan
  • Like 2