Sign in to follow this  
London (DayZ)

Friend and I joined a server, Everything was missing except for our immediate inventory/bandage slots.

So... Friend and I had been playing most of the day, changing severs occasionally, until we joined one, and everything was missing. Our guns, backpacks, sidearm, everything except for our immediate inventory and bandage/sidearm ammo slots. That's it. We have no idea why everything is gone, I've joined 3 servers since then, everything is still gone. We did nothing out of the ordinary. We never even joined any out of date servers. Of course we never hacked anything, or even had any hacked items that we were aware of.

What's the deal? Anything we can do? Was it the server we joined? Hackers? We were more geared than we've ever been and this really sucks. How can we avoid this in the future?

EDIT: Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I didn't really know where to post this.

Edited by London

I'm spitballing, but this game is in alpha. A lot of stuff gets lost in translation, so I've been told. My backpack used to eat guns and food and all sorts of things before I realized the problem. No, it's not your fault, no, you can't get the items back by asking, yes you can enjoy the little bit you have and spend some sweet time scavenging again.

Rule #2: Don't get attached to your gear. I'd be mad too, but that's how this game goes. Earn it back.

Although hackers are everywhere. It's possible it was sabotage.

Edit: Sentence structure/spelling

Edited by Regal Squirrel

Well, alright I guess. It just seems odd that it happened to both of us. I'm not suicidal over losing my gear, but it was the first time I had ever come across a sniper rifle (and had ammo to use it with), and it's really frustrating that I never even got to fire 1 shot. If a player had killed us it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating because it was a fight. But to lose it just... randomly isn't really cool. At this point I'd really like to know why/how it happened, and/or how I can avoid it in the future.