merlinfire

Played for the first time today

Played for the first time today. Spawned somewhere near the coast, made my way inland. I noticed right away I had no weapon at all. I know in some of the tutorials I read you start with a basic pistol....perhaps I misread. Took me half an hour to find a weapon, and weapons tend to be areas where zombies are, and usually with only a single magazine....shooting one zombie brings a half dozen more if you're lucky, and you're instantly out of ammo.

Is it usually this hard? Starting over unarmed is kind of hardcore, haha.

The yogscast lied to you! It's hard and you're best of not shooting atall most of the time and just running and loosing them by running through the building and out the other end until you get better gear. But yes since he took out the spawn pistol to stop the beach bean wars it is now prety hardcore at the start and encourages Teaming/squading up!

Edited by Sgt.Asshat

Dude, I'm feelin ya. Just started up today and I'm having a rough time.

• Like 1

Starting without a gun, is better than when you started with a gun. Now we only need to get rid of the backpack.

• Like 1

You'll get used to it. Just need to learn to sneak or evade. Don't shoot zombies until you have enough ammo to take all the extras that run over.

try to bring the zombies into a building. then you can either lose them or shoot them in the head

later patch the starting gun got removed. Reason fresh spawns killing people on sight cause they had nothing to lose

Yeah it is slightly rough before you figure out how the zombies work. When you do you will realise how easy it is to dodge them and that it needs to be way harder :). One tip don't ever shoot zombies unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TOO. Zombies can't sprint in buildings so they are easy to get rid of in houses and they stop chasing you when you break line of site (most of the time anyway) so running into tree/bushes with a lot of leaves close to the ground is a good way aswell. Last tip do not ever run/walk standing up you will aggro zombies from like 500 meters away xd, when looting cities and towns always walk in crouch mode. GL and happy hunting :).

It is a tough game with a steep learning curve. But hang in there, and don't worry about dying. Starting out is just as much fun as having good equipment and running all over the map. Z key is your friend. Crawl often and you'll be okay.

Starting without a gun, is better than when you started with a gun. Now we only need to get rid of the backpack.

Nah, keep the backpack but start with the Czech vest pouch instead of the petrol backpack..

Played for the first time today. Spawned somewhere near the coast, made my way inland. I noticed right away I had no weapon at all. I know in some of the tutorials I read you start with a basic pistol....perhaps I misread. Took me half an hour to find a weapon, and weapons tend to be areas where zombies are, and usually with only a single magazine....shooting one zombie brings a half dozen more if you're lucky, and you're instantly out of ammo.

Is it usually this hard? Starting over unarmed is kind of hardcore, haha.

Yes... its HARD, but it rewards observation and patience. I have to admit though, I would even appreciate a pointy stick... lets face it, who would even leave their room to scavenge for supplies without AT LEAST a broomstick or something to defend ones self with.....