Sign in to follow this  
Refarion

Is there a gun like this in DayZ ?

Hello :)

I have some small questions.

I am fairly new to the mod, got the game and the mod for about 2 weeks now.

Today, I encountered another player in a barn, panicked as I had a little lag and he just stood in the middle of the barn.

I shot him, he shot me, turned out he was a bandit (If i can trust his skin and the debug monitor ;) ) and I survived with 5000 blood.

On his corpse i found a L85 Holo wit 8 Stanag magazines. I was very amazed to find something like this, ran off to some woods and logged off to read something about my new little precious.

My only problem now is, that I don't find any informations about this gun for DayZ.

Only thing I find is this L85 with thermal scope.

But not one result for one with holographic sights.

Now my questions are:

Is this gun DayZ content or did it came in the game through some kind of hack? (or however it may be called in this case)

And if it's like this, could there be any consequences for me now because i am currently carrying the weapon? (Like bans from battleye)

Its one of the best guns in the game and its not hacked in great find!

As far as I am concerned, the gun is hacked. The punishment might be a ban, kick, or warning? Idk about the punishment, sorry :(

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

If you found the L85A2 AWS, then it's not hacked. Any other version of the L85 is not included in DayZ, so it's a hacked weapon, unfortunately.

But you won't get a global ban for using it, at least from what i heard in a few posts by the devs.

In DayZ the L85 can only be found (very rarely) with a Thermal Scope. Its designation is the L85A2 AWS. Any other variation is absolutely hacked in. In order to prevent being mistakenly banned, make sure you have less than 10 slots in your backpack, then add the gun to your pack to destroy it. Feel free to keep the ammo if you wish to (Put the ammo on the ground before you move the gun to avoid destroying it.)

Edited by Kerwyn

L85 AWS is legit.

L85 Holo is not.

But you wont get banned for taking it off his body and using it.

Go ahead and use it, rocket has stated that players will not be banned for using a hacked weapon that they pick up, and will only have their name flagged and watched for suspicious activity for a short period of time, you have already been flagged for picking it up, so use it.

even though ADMINS aren't allowed to ban you for using hacked weapons, a lot do. so be careful. but battleye will NOT ban you for using it, just look out for server admins...

thanks for the responses :)

So this gun shouldn't be in my hands.

Well I think i'm gonna use it for a while if I won't be punished for using it. But i'll search for a comparable weapon and will drop it then. Don't feel to comfortable with such a gun.

• Like 1

thanks for the responses :)

So this gun shouldn't be in my hands.

Well I think i'm gonna use it for a while if I won't be punished for using it. But i'll search for a comparable weapon and will drop it then. Don't feel to comfortable with such a gun.

honestly i would go even with a lesser version and destroy the hacked weapon. Cause duping is still in the game, if some bandit/player kills you and loots the weapon and starts duping it. There will be more of them on the network. You got the intention already just destroy it. place on zombie hide body done.

And imo even if battle eye doesn't ban people who use hacked items only the hackers who spawn them in and caught. I feel that if a player uses a hacked item for more then a day a semi ban should be a result, or even less severe/ more severe just how to look at it. Battleeye kills you and instantly destroys your body.

That is my opinion.

YOU WILL NOT GET BANNED BY OWNING/USING/HAVING IT

Any ignorant twat in the forum is wrong. Rocket has stated himself, if you SCRIPT in the weapon = ban, if you FIND the weapon = Okay.