Sign in to follow this  
shikuh

Please Help, I Cant start playing!

I already have Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation arrowhead installed from Steam. I installed "Play withSIX" and i think now i have everything i need to start playing on a server. But here is my problem:

When i try to launch a server from SIX, i get the DAY Z title screen and then it starts loading, everything is fine until i see for one second the map, screen goes black, and then it shows a message which says Loading... but it takes forever and it never starts, i have waited several minutes but nothing happens..

If i try to launch the game from Arma 2 operation arrowhead, most of the servers says that needs version 1.6.2.9... and i think i have 1.6.2.. when im suposed to have 1.7 in SIX.

Well i cant joint most of the servers from Arma 2 OA in DZ mod, but the servers that i can join let me spawn only as a crow, what i think is pointless because you cant do anything...

I have tried to join a server all the day but i really dont know what to do in order to play as a survivor, and i dont understand so much about this...

Can someone help me?, i need to install something? i did something wrong?

I just dowloaded six from this website and it is suposed to be updated...

thanks

Commander is much better than six but the game should be working nonetheless, try to join a server with a lot of people just to see if it works. if it doesnt uninstall dayz then download the torrent then download dayz commander go to versions and make sure everything is up to dat then go to a whiteness server with very low ping and see if that works.

You can update your version Via Commander and I also found that Six never updated the version for me.

Okay... First off let me say I feel your pain! Yesterday I finally got the game working! I'm excited to say the least. I had the same issue you were having plus more! I spent over 10 hours trying to get things to work, find fixes and applying them only to have another issue arise. So before you get to far deep into fixing issues I would suggest the way I fixed mine. I uninstalled Arma 2 and Arma OA from Steam. Then go to file explorer and searched for DayZ, Arma 2, and Arma OA and deleted everything you can find to make sure it didn't save any preference that have been messed with. I don't think you'll need to do that step unless you've been messing with stuff to try and get it to work.

So once you've uninstalled everything, obviously reinstall it. I also deleted SixUpdater (playWithSix is the new version of it). Once both games are installed make sure before you do anything else, you run Arma 2 until you get to the main menu, then close it and run Arma 2 OA. Download PlayWithSix, or Six Updater and pick a server and it should reinstall the beta patch and Day Z.

I was having the same issue and what happened was that I had installed DayZ before I ran the game and Play WithSix installed the stuff to the wrong locations and all I could see was a black screen and when I could pick a server I always got booted. Before you delete everything, open PlayWithSix, or whatever you are using and go to settings(DayZ Commander) or click on the Arma 2 image(PlayWithSix) and check where the stuff is being installed. My lines read like this:

Game Path (Arma 2: OA)

c:\Program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 operation arrowhead

Game Path (Arma 2: Original)

c:\Program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2

Mods Installation Path (Advanced)

C\Users\(my Name... So whatever your username is)\Documents\Arma 2

If they read anything different then it might be because you installed the Mod first/ran PLayWithSix before you ran both games. So once you've deleted, reinstalled both games and reinstalled Six Updater/PlayWithSix go back in and check if its different from what was written there before, and if it is! BAM, should be fixed!

You could also try just changing those lines manually before you uninstall everything, but if you have ran the games before you installed the DayZ mod it might be too late!

I'm not a computer genius and I'm not saying that this will help at all, but I hope it does and you can get playing this awesome game! If you get it working and are lookin for someone to play with send me a message. Today is my second day in the game!

Also, try using DayZCommander. I really like it, but I think I messed it up too while I was trying to get everything to work. Reinstall didn't fix the issues for me on that program lmao.

Good Luck!

Edited by Havok.
  • Like 2

Thanks havok! it worked for me!, i just reinstalled everything i had related to arma 2 and day z, tested both games before playing, installing manually the mod inside Arma 2 folder, and now the game works for me!

Btw i didt install PlayWithSIX, im using comander instead, think it works better.

Well thank you very much! now i can play the game :) thanks to u all guys.

can someone confirm this works with debug plains issue?

Also to help developers, I checked server logs and the following appears when I connect.

23:40:36 "LOGIN ATTEMPT: "3579910" Fauji"

23:40:38 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',false,'28560403',[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],[[],[]],["",[[],[]],[[],[]]],[3233,3958,3958],Camo1_DZ,0.94]"

23:40:38 "LOGIN LOADED: B 1-1-A:17 (Fauji) REMOTE Type: Survivor1_DZ"

23:40:41 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:41 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:41 Error position: <<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:41 Error Invalid number in expression

23:40:41 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:41 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:42 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:42 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:42 Error position: <<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:42 Error Invalid number in expression

23:40:42 Error in expression <['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>

23:40:42 "READ/WRITE: ['PASS',[<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,<null>,[],[scalar,0],<null>,[any,any]],[83,50,0,0],["","amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon",100],[0,[13104.2,7190.07,3.49701]],2500]"

23:40:42 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-1-D:1 (Fauji) REMOTE Type: Camo1_DZ"

23:40:46 "WRITE: ['PASS']"

at this rate ill end up going back to the cracked version, it seems to work better :(.........been trying for the past few hours with my steam copy and still havnt had any luck, and dont facny deleteing it all and going for a 4 hour download again.

at this rate ill end up going back to the cracked version, it seems to work better :(.........been trying for the past few hours with my steam copy and still havnt had any luck, and dont facny deleteing it all and going for a 4 hour download again.

I know its a HUGE pain in the ass, but I would try the reinstall before trying a bunch of other stuff. I wasted, no joke, 10 hours trying to get it to work. Only to have another issue arise... I was ready to tear my hair out, smash my computer, burn my house down and piss on the smoldering ashes.. So before I did all of that I decided to try a reinstall just before I went to bed and when I got home from work the next day it was all done. I made sure to back it up on steam so that if I did make any mistakes I wouldn't have to wait hours on end for another reinstall.

Give it a try, I'm sure it'll help! It's not like it could make the issue any worse! Good luck man hope to see you in the game!