Sign in to follow this  
thunderpimp

It's time we give new players a better experience. (Video)

A nice little video that shows us helping a new player, who appears to be mute. We show him the ropes, get him geared up, commit grand theft auto, and he's even introduced to hackers at the end. This clip has everything compressed from one gaming session.

Edited by thunderpimp
  • Like 4

Awesome, seems like you guys are far and few between, the only help I have ever had from other players are from ones I knew anyway. It must be a great experience to bump into friendly and helpful players instead of the ones that just shoot on sight..........

Man, I have a hard time getting past carrying a pistol before somebody just nabs me in the head. It'd be nice to be on a server where it's a tad toned down.

To me it is way more of a challenge doing this than just killing fresh spawns. I love defending guys against the sniper teams in the hills, good fun. This is my first video, so it's not great. You really have to approach new players with the advantage and assure them you are there to help. Gear them up first to show you trust them. I have yet to be killed doing this. I wish more players would shoot as a last resort. That is unless you come to Elektro with a geared up Ural, you are asking for a bullet from me.

Is there a place that might provide more spawns than others? May e I am picking the wrong servers, but I am trying to help the newbies and so far, not finding them. Makes me want too go outside and play with swords instead. Play? I meant practice.

Putting that aside, glad I am not alone in my desire to help, though maybe jealous that others are so much better at it.

By the way, this video does not show everything. A lot of the stuff was cut out to make it shorter. These three guys were not random, they drove to a Elektro in a fully geared out Ural and fired on other people in Elektro before we eliminated them. These guys on sniper hill came for blood, but go their own. On approaching the vehicle we gave them a chance to comply with orders, and they fired on Wreckshop who had his leg broken and was bleeding before he returned fire.

Edited by thunderpimp

I'll help anyone if i happen to die and i don't have anything, sometimes ill help if im fully loaded. The only reason i EVER SOS is because i heard gunfire, and people's names happen to pop up after it stops (has been times when it wasn't them killing people, just shooting zombies) but i'll stop shooting and give them a transfusion and stuff if they start frantically yelling stop and friendly and plead for their lives.

Is there a place that might provide more spawns than others? May e I am picking the wrong servers, but I am trying to help the newbies and so far, not finding them. Makes me want too go outside and play with swords instead. Play? I meant practice.

Putting that aside, glad I am not alone in my desire to help, though maybe jealous that others are so much better at it.

The place with the biggest wave of new spawns seems to be Elektro. When I spawn, it is 70% in a place near Elektro, or a short distance from it. It's also an attraction for high tier players that come down to snipe these guys for no reason. All we did was scope out the town until we noticed a survivor, then we swooped in to help, not knowing what to expect. As you can hear from the flies all around, we were in dangerous territory, which makes it all the more exciting. I wouldn't say we are better, we did get pretty lucky that night.

We also tried to tell halvo how to type in direct chat, but we don't even think he could speak english, maybe he understood it because he shook his character yes or no answering some questions.