Sign in to follow this  
hockeywise@juno.com

No gun? No Problem! Guide on how to get around with no zombie problems!

Churches are great for losing zombies actually. Considering the space in there you can get around the zombies pretty easily, as well zombies loose "sight" of you quickly and leave the church. As well when the zombies are deep enough into the church you can waltz out and the zombies can't do anything about it.

Edited by zython
  • Like 3

I was thinking about doing a video like that myself, seeing as even some long-term survivors die to zombies occasionally.

The thing you have to remember about churches, is that they're hazardous not because of zombies, but players. You can indeed easily loose zombies in the church (unless there is an entire horde behind you, then you just might have to use the pistol) but a player will have an easier time sniping you at the church, than at the barn / other.

Those long farmhouse buildings are especially nice, since they have up to 4 exits.

Edit : You can also loose zombies by zig-zaging a hill steep enough to force walking. Not that easy, however.

Edited by Stworca
  • Like 1

In that case the gaps in the walls (crawl under) and fences (vault) come into mind. Doors/gates being useless, as zombies pass through them. Zombies being able to hit you through walls and sound aggro determining where they will come from.

Good video.

Note though, with a small number of bushes you just have to go prone in them.

Edited by Matchstick556

Loosing zeds is all about cutting their line of sight. Do this by:

• Zig-zagging gently past a few trees, then crouch and go in a new direction.
  • Zig-zagging gently past a few walls and houses, then crouch and go in a new direction.

You can also go trough buildings with two entries, then crouch and go in a new direction. Hell, if you hide in a corner inside, usually any zed will leave you alone and just go away.

The real trick is not gettin their attention in the first place, especially while in a city. Move crouched, zig-zag around corners, always use the look feature, and be careful about zeds with their body towards you. Go prone if you must (but prepare to quickly get up if you still get aggro). If you get a lot of aggro, or it's a long way to safety, run a few yards to the next corner, then crouch and go in a new direction - or further into safety. Boom, problem with zeds gone.

• Like 2

Can't forget about those conifers and bushes.

I only recently learned about this little trick. Its very handy and usually works really well.

Edit : You can also loose zombies by zig-zaging a hill steep enough to force walking. Not that easy, however.

I use this a lot, especially if there aren't any pine/conifer trees to cut LOS. I usually try to crouch and go to the left or right for a ways once I get out of the zombies' sight, just to make sure I don't catch some aggro again if they make it to the top of the hill before I'm gone.

Remember to pay attention to what terrain you're walking/running on, too. Even if you break line of sight with the zombies, you might aggro them again if you make too much noise. I've forgotten this a few times and paid the price. Zombie horde. <_< Be especially careful of sounds in towns & cities. You might lose the zombies when you turn the corner on that house, only to make a crap-ton of noise crouch-running across a road. Like I saw someone on the forums say once, roads are made of bubblewrap. You might as well tie a pork chop to your neck and ring the dinner bell if you run across those things with zombies close.