Sign in to follow this  
akshone

Transferring DayZ to an SSD from HDD

Since my Arma2 folder in program files is 24GB, I was wondering if there was a way I could copy the arma2 folder without my ACE Mods and all that other unnecessary mods to my SSD and allow dayzcommander to run it from that location. What would be the best way to go about this to allow for updated to be installed directly to the SSD arma2 folder and so that it doesn't try to read old files from the HDD.

• Like 1

I know you can move the DayZ folder anywhere and then just edit the shortcut from -mod=@DayZ to -mod=@H:/location/DayZ or wherever you have the folder.

But not sure about moving the entire arma game.

Well I'm trying to get the benefits of having the game load quicker on an SSD. So I'm not sure if just having the dayz folder separate will do that. If so, that'd be perfect.

Some people uses the RAMDisk software to create a "virtual hdd" that is faster than any physical hdd, and they put only their DayZ folder there and then edit the shortcut, this is supposed to give better performance (I've tried it and saw no difference but lot of people say they do saw an improvement).

So you may as well just try copying the dayz folder to the SSD and editing the shortcut to test if it works better, it would just take a few minutes.

Here's the source where I got the RAMDisk info from:

Edited by sebastian.w