Sign in to follow this  
ephemeralkap

Player "The Scrub" - Debug forrest killing.

I was logging into the server I usually play on, to find that I was killed by a player named "The Scrub"

This happened on Virginia 03, at 13:00 gmt+1 29th may 2012

Screenshot proof - http://i.imgur.com/ZQwp5.jpg

Note: I disconnected after the screenshot was taken, out of pure rage.

- Found myself alive when I logged back in again.

Thanks for the lovely conversation before and reporting this too.

I did spawn in the debug wilderness surrounded by motionless players and bodies. had a run around, got my bearings and looked online for the solution. Tried disconnecting and joining other servers and still spawning there, so I went back on VA3 looking to get out of there. Inspected a body and then some guy shoots at me. I shot him in the head and ran away to get back onto the map where I am now thankfully.

Fair enough if I've done wrong here, but all I was trying to do was get the hell out of there and back to some semblence of civilisation.

EDIT - here's me there not killing anyone before i DC'ed. It's when i came back in that i was shot at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43QZBsAcZIs&feature=youtu.be

Hello.

I have not conversed with you.

I have not shot at you, if you'd look at the screenshot, I have a blank screen requesting character data from the server.

Also, the real me is NOT in the Debug forest, I'm located way north on the map.

There's an announcement on the forum regarding this exploit.

Edit: You also don't spawn in Debug forrest with a gun. You must've ran there.

You told my buddy, in-game, that you didn't kill anyone there when you were confronted with us reporting you for exploiting and killing in the debug forrest, it should all be in the server log. I don't really want to discuss with you, I'm just reporting cheaters.

Maybe i shot the wrong guy then, I hardly hung around that area once I knew there was a way out. I apologise if I've caused you inconvenience, but i was just defending myself from a threat after spawning in somewhere i shouldn't have. Your accusation that i ran there intentionally is baseless and incorrect. I was at the NE airfield when I logged off last night, and when I came in today i was spawned there. People have also been reporting this issue in the bug reports section, that's how i found out how to get myself out of there.

I don't want to get to mixed up in your argument, but there have been other players spawning in Debug Forest with a gun as far as I know.

I spawned here earlier with a gun after logging out in a normal area. It was one of the Dallas servers. I had no idea what was going on and it scared me, I logged on in the forest next to some guy with a AK laying down. Apparently I was spawn killing people.

@TS: I don't know if you saw any other messages about murders, but unless people massively kill spawning players, it is safe to assume that most of those people are there by error and are just confused.

There is a way to spawn there, usually involving the "Waiting for Server Response" screen. I've had it happen to me before, and sometimes the Debug Forest can load other players there from the map without them actually being there. They can fire their guns, throw flares and chemlights without actually being there...it's weird.

In my experience, I was confused and didn't have a clue where I was on a nighttime server(I had logged out initially at the NW Airfield). Suddenly a flare was thrown next to me that I did not throw. This flare was actually thrown from my friend, but since he was out at the beach spawns he had no clue what I was talking about. After asking multiple times and confirming it was probably none of us I fired and killed the target standing near the flare. Turned out it was my friend all along and the game had created a doppelganger of him in the forest that could fire his gun, etc.

The Debug Forest is a very strange place. If you spawn there, the best thing to do is to run directly East or Southeast. Same with the Debug Plains, just run East or Southeast.