Sign in to follow this  
BlaBlaSoldier

Kicking for Hacked weapons

it aint "illegal" to use the hacked weapons.. so i guess.. no, its only illegal to hack them in, so unless you have the script where he actually hacked it in etc, i dont think theres a vaild reason for a ban...

i know one from my team atm runs around with a as50 TWS cause he killed a hacker that had it on him...

Dont think its any general guideline server admins have, more likely its from person to person.

In my opinion, yeah its a legit ban/kick. Dont even know why ppl keep picking up hacked guns?

New players might not know the weapon is hacked, also using a weapon you found shouldn't be a ban or a kick. Only if you script the item in yourself should you get a ban.

I warn people first, if that doesn't help i will kick em. If they keep using hacked weapons they will be banned from our server.

If you are found breaking the following rules, your server will more than likely be suspended at most server providers and if it's not suspended it will result in the entire ip range being BLACKLISTED by DayZ support staff.
11. As a server admin you must not:

You are not permitted to ban players for killing yourself or clan members.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when your killed.

You are not permitted to shutdown your server when you lose a vehicle.

You are not permitted to kick or ban for smacktalk.

You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs.

source: server hosting rules, read them http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/62195-server-hosting-rules/

I think the best approach is autokick on login for having hacked weapon in inventory. This is possible with the new BattleEye and works really well on the servers I play on that have it.

This works really well at stopping hackers without punishing new players too harshly. And it's allowed as the server log provides the evidence

I think the best approach is autokick on login for having hacked weapon in inventory. This is possible with the new BattleEye and works really well on the servers I play on that have it.

This works really well at stopping hackers without punishing new players too harshly. And it's allowed as the server log provides the evidence

• Like 1