Sign in to follow this  
Skilllos (DayZ)

1.6.0.1 - Duplicate spawn - if killed, you're dying.

Date/Time:

29. May 2012

11.54 CET+2

What happened:

While joining the game a second playermodel being an exact copy of myself spawned. After it died, the player died shortly afterwards too.

Where you were:

Server Ru50

What you were doing:

Ru50 just started the mission and was loading the first players onto the map. My clanmate Nuernberger got in a few seconds earlier in Chernogorsk than I did and told me there is a person right next to me via TS3. As soon as i spawned in I turned around and fired a salvo from my AKM, killing the player in question. I checked his gear just to realize it's a copy of myself I just killed. Before I could do anything we were attacked by zombies and had to run for a position where we could fight them off more easily. But maybe 10 seconds after I killed the player-model is suddenly dropped to the floor and the "You are dead" screen popped up.

As we were the only players in cherno at that time this means I've successfully shot myself by killing a copy of my playermodel that spawned together with me.

This is more than just frustrating considering the char was more than 450p worth, was filled with ammunition and claimed a gps his own. Of course I'd like to know if there is a way to reset my char of if I have to start all over.