Sign in to follow this  
Odahviing

Problem with server or my PC?

Hi guys, im new here to the community because I cant find a answer to my problem, maybe someone here can help me ^^'

So my problem is:

Almost every server is laggy for me (around 5-10fps) and when I find a good server which is not laggy (I suppose a freshly restarted server) it also gets laggy after a while or when i disconnect a few times from it. For example: We made a small base on a server because it wasnt laggy there for me, after a few hours it got again laggy (around 10-12fps and later even worse!). So basically it gets laggy for me while my friends who are playing with me dont experience this problems, they are always complaining about me because I want to change server cus its obviously lagging for me! >.=.<

What could be the problem?

I always have a good ping (20-50ms)

My Bandwith is good

PC specs:

E5400 2x2,7Ghz (I had a quadcore....had)

Geforce GTX 260

3GB RAM (1 for vista, so 2Gb, i know its not so much)

WIndows Vista 32bit (service pack 2)

I PLAY ON LOW GRAPHIC ^^

I guess this is unnesecary:

http://www.speedtest.../2126603059.png

Maybe it could be a problem with the fans for my graphic card aka giving it more space to cool down?

I cant find a solution, pls help me!!! help Odahviing ^.=.^

Edited by Odahviing

Tell you what, im the owner of US 754 i restart every 5hours so should be all good for you hop on by

DayZ - US 754 (v1.7.2.5/Beta 95948) [Regular 3DP:1 CH:1 ][-8] dayzmod.com - hosted by Dylon @ Spacebattles

Tell you what, im the owner of US 754 i restart every 5hours so should be all good for you hop on by

DayZ - US 754 (v1.7.2.5/Beta 95948) [Regular 3DP:1 CH:1 ][-8] dayzmod.com - hosted by Dylon @ Spacebattles

that sounds nice! will check the server later but it still doesnt changes the fact that it lags on the server where we have our base ;)

We moved already to a new server and i think they wont change the server again >.=.<

that sounds nice! will check the server later but it still doesnt changes the fact that it lags on the server where we have our base ;)

We moved already to a new server and i think they wont change the server again >.=.<

tried updating your graphics driver? goto "start" type "device manager" and click display drivers and right click your driver and select "properties" and click "update driver" MAKE SURE to get the update online! also might be worth investing in some new computer parts

tried updating your graphics driver? goto "start" type "device manager" and click display drivers and right click your driver and select "properties" and click "update driver" MAKE SURE to get the update online! also might be worth investing in some new computer parts

have already the newest driver version and like i said, it shouldnt lag! hell i even can play BF3 on middle setting with 25-30fps ^^

You should be fine to run DayZ. It's not your PC. But if you are wanting to run/make it look better, I would upgrade your CPU.

Edited by Cozy Pete

You should be fine to run DayZ. It's not your PC. But if you are wanting to run/make it look better, I would upgrade your CPU.

i know ^^ but im fine with low/middle graphics i just want to play the game with atleast 20~ fps!!! its not working at all! I hope someone has a good solution for my problem xP i wanna play without lag ;(

i know ^^ but im fine with low/middle graphics i just want to play the game with atleast 20~ fps!!! its not working at all! I hope someone has a good solution for my problem xP i wanna play without lag ;(

Have you tried adding launch parameters? If not you should try some, eg. I use these extras. -maxmem=8192 -world=empty -winxp switch -exThreads=3 -nosplash

-Maxmem - How much ram you want to assign to the game. (So mine uses 8gb)

-World=Empty - Loads the title faster because it just loads a Ocean background.

-winxp switch - No idea but it boosted my FPS.

-exThreads - Amount of CPU cores you want to assign to it. (Mine uses 3 Cores)

-nosplash - Doesn't load the start up with Bohemia Interactive backgrounds, it just loads a background with tanks and shit. Loads faster.

Have you tried adding launch parameters? If not you should try some, eg. I use these extras. -maxmem=8192 -world=empty -winxp switch -exThreads=3 -nosplash

-Maxmem - How much ram you want to assign to the game. (So mine uses 8gb)

-World=Empty - Loads the title faster because it just loads a Ocean background.

-winxp switch - No idea but it boosted my FPS.

-exThreads - Amount of CPU cores you want to assign to it. (Mine uses 3 Cores)

-nosplash - Doesn't load the start up with Bohemia Interactive backgrounds, it just loads a background with tanks and shit. Loads faster.

I would like to do this with maxmem and exThreads but how can i do this? where do i have to add this? ^^

Try this for the RAM, I'm not sure you can use the CPU one because your CPU is Duo Core, I think it already uses as much of your CPU as possible. Are you using Steam?

-maxmem=2048

Try this for the RAM, I'm not sure you can use the CPU one because your CPU is Duo Core, I think it already uses as much of your CPU as possible. Are you using Steam?

-maxmem=2048

yes i bought it there, where do i have to add this line?

yes i bought it there, where do i have to add this line?

Okay, In Steam right click ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Click Properties, Go to Set Launch Options, add that there. That will only work if you are launching from Steam, if you launch from Six-Launcher or DayZ Commander there should be an option to add launch parameter, and you can add that there too, hope this helps, as I have had the same problem as you had. It's rather annoying >:l

Happy Hunting my friend!

Okay, In Steam right click ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Click Properties, Go to Set Launch Options, add that there. That will only work if you are launching from Steam, if you launch from Six-Launcher or DayZ Commander there should be an option to add launch parameter, and you can add that there too, hope this helps, as I have had the same problem as you had. It's rather annoying >:l

Happy Hunting my friend!

thank you! i hope it will help me, i will first try it with Six

EDIT: tried it but still only 8fps

Edited by Odahviing

Try adding -CpuCount=# (# being your number of CPUs) in Arma II -> Properties -> Launch Options

I did this and ever since I'm free of all lag.