Sign in to follow this  
frozenwolf

how do you *lock* tents??

hello there fellow survivors, or bandits im not judging ;)

yesterday i setup my tent in eu8 and when i logged back in this mornin it was gone :(, now i know there is a way to lock your tents cause i walked up on other people's tents and i couldnt steal them

so now my question is how do i lock mine so the tent wont be stolen?

I thought tents couldn't be stolen, only raided. If this is true then i'd say a server reset or a bug caused your tent to disappear.

You have to scroll wheel and save tent or it won't save it. It only lasts I think 2 days, so you better keep saving it.

They can't be stolen, but they can be completely looted, so if you put stuff in it, well, let's just say I've gotten some nice items out of them :).

Tents, and vehicles, all are server specific. If you place one down, or drive a vehicle and save it, it will only be in that location on that specific server.

Yeah, server resets sometimes make them disappear, but they generally come back. Look again later.

frozenwolf, I had two tents disappear in the last 3 days on EU8 too, could be server related

Every time I search a tent, I just get cheap guns and stuff I don't use. =(

I'm like Charlie Brown on Halloween man...

I would like to point out that tents can be run over...and people take great joy in running them over.

If a tent is run over it will disappear along with all the items.

Strangers can not steal your tent...but they sure can make it disappear.

Servers sometimes eat cars and vehicles when they crash/restart. Fortunately, they usually reappear after the next one or two restarts. Just save your tent every time you log and keep your fingers crossed. :P