Sign in to follow this  
Sula

Impressed by latest version of Dayz Commander

I see the guy who made it has added the option to return to the server you were last in. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I could remember where I had been playing before. :thumbsup:

It has so many good features. I can't help but like it. You can choose day or night, you can search by words if you can't remember the number of the server. Have to say, I do like it.

• Like 2

my ONLY problem with DayZ commander is.

If i run DayZcommander..play DayZ, then switch to Sixlauncher to play 1944 or something? It down-dates my game and i have to redownload everything in DayZcommander

DayZ commander gets a 9.8/10 From me

Great program!

Edited by Brachra
  • Like 1

DayZ Commander is Fantastic. I recommend it to people who ask me how to get DayZ to work or run the game/update its files.

It should really get a link on the frontpage of dayzmod.com. Its a great addition to DayZ.

• Like 1

DayZ Commander is Fantastic. I recommend it to people who ask me how to get DayZ to work or run the game/update its files.

It should really get a link on the frontpage of dayzmod.com. Its a great addition to DayZ.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. It most definitely should be linked.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. It most definitely should be linked.

I wonder if I should post a petition on DayZ Suggestions to get it linked.

• Like 1

I wonder if I should post a petition on DayZ Suggestions to get it linked.

I would most certainly vote a big yes.

But, and please correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't BIS/Arma2/DayZ kinda support SIxLauncher/PLaywithsix as their launcher of choice?

Maybe that;s why Dayz Commander doesn't get pushed as much as it should be? It's certainly the best DayZ launcher in my books.

As I said the only reason why I even keep Playwithsix on my system is so I can Arma2 and it's mods.

Edited by Bare Thrylls

I would most certainly vote a big yes.

But, and please correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't BIS/Arma2/DayZ kinda support SIxLauncher/PLaywithsix as their launcher of choice?

Maybe that;s why Dayz Commander doesn't get pushed as much as it should be? It's certainly the best DayZ launcher in my books.

As I said the only reason why I even keep Playwithsix on my system is so I can Arma2 and it's mods.

That's why you make a petition. But yes, I do believe so. However, Rocket himself said he supports... 'competition' :lol: :thumbsup: So it doesn't hurt to try.

Its not flawless though, wouldn't work first time of trying for me. Works fine now though, i like the ability to easily downgrade a Arma beta version if you need to, saved my bacon last night. Also its great for pc new boys like me, easy to get to grips with and sticks every file where it needs to go. :D

Its not flawless though, wouldn't work first time of trying for me. Works fine now though, i like the ability to easily downgrade a Arma beta version if you need to, saved my bacon last night. Also its great for pc new boys like me, easy to get to grips with and sticks every file where it needs to go. :D

Never had an issue for it besides one time which was my fault because I didn't create the @DayZ Folder for it to install the mods into.

Besides that, the program itself seems fine. :3

These last few days I can't use the game's own server list. Someone gave me the address to a server to add in Remote - and now I can't erase it. So when get to the list of servers it's blank and stuck on LAN. I got to the Remote option and delete the IP for the server and click OK. I go back to server list and it's back at LAN. I cllick Internet. Still no servers. I go back in to Remote and there's the IP address again for that damned server.

So I can't clear the Remote address. (Anyone have any advice on how to fix that?)

So 6 launcher and Dayzcommander are my only options right now. I like both but Commander is more reliable.

my ONLY problem with DayZ commander is.

If i run DayZcommander..play DayZ, then switch to Sixlauncher to play 1944 or something? It down-dates my game and i have to redownload everything in DayZcommander

DayZ commander gets a 9.8/10 From me

Great program!

It downgrades because you launch six launcher.. which puts you back on the recommended version automatically. Commander will not change your version without you knowing.

I moved over to DayZ Commander this week after having a problem with the SixLauncher. It was sticking on the 1.7.4 update and I couldn't get on any of the servers. Booted up DYC, had no problems updating and getting online. I love the favourite server feature and the fact I can find a regular server easily (can you even filter these SixLauncher?), and it seems much more stable. A+.

I'd use it but it kills the programmed mouse buttons when it runs, and in the game. I use a Logitech G5, and have 5 buttons programed for key commands when the game runs. Even If I program the buttons directly instead of them being applied when the armaOA.exe is executed the buttons are not recognized in game.... Buttons work as they should without using Dayz Commander, so it is something specific with it. Haven't seen anyone else with this problem though.

I'd use it but it kills the programmed mouse buttons when it runs, and in the game. I use a Logitech G5, and have 5 buttons programed for key commands when the game runs. Even If I program the buttons directly instead of them being applied when the armaOA.exe is executed the buttons are not recognized in game.... Buttons work as they should without using Dayz Commander, so it is something specific with it. Haven't seen anyone else with this problem though.

I think its not fair to judge a software for not being compatible with your personal hardware.

I use a WoW raiding mouse. Which all of its keybinds still work just fine through DayZ Commander. I have a hunch the software from Logitech is not working with DayZ Commander. Like how my Logitech headset G930 doesn't work with Dead Islands audio for some un-god-forsaken reason. Yet it works with everything else.

DayZ Commander and Play WithSIX are great programs. So far Six Launcher is the worst. Not sure why this site endorses it so much.

But yeah so glad I gave DayZ commander a try. Now if only I could play DayZ in general..

DayZ Commander rocks. Especially if you're a Steam user and updating this game is pain in the ass. Also, it is super easy to filter servers. Plain and simple, no fucking garbage or clunky interface.

• Like 1

I think its not fair to judge a software for not being compatible with your personal hardware.

I use a WoW raiding mouse.Which all of its keybinds still work just fine through DayZ Commander. I have a hunch the software from Logitech is not working with DayZ Commander. Like how my Logitech headset G930 doesn't work with Dead Islands audio for some un-god-forsaken reason. Yet it works with everything else.

I said I'd use it. I think that's a recommendation. As implied it's specific to using DayZ Commander when using the Setpoint software to program the mouse buttons. I believe it has something to do with both using net framework. Otherwise we all should use DayZ Commander. I use it to find friends, and servers, exit and then start the game.

Just wish I knew how to fix it. It might be that DayZ Commander starts the game before completely shutting itself down (if you have that option checked) rendering the Setpoint software useless. If there was a way to set up a lag in the start of the game after clicking on a server to allow it to make sure it is not running before the game is started that would be nice.

HMMMM>...... maybe a solution. DayZ Commander surely runs the command file instead of the executable. There should be a way to introduce a few seconds into that before it runs the executable. Not sure how to go about doing that though. Nope just checked it runs the .exe directly. Wonder if there is a way to make it run the .com instead.

Ahhhh solved it. If I run it with the Launch using Steam option checked it takes longer and allows DayZ Commander to completely exit. Yeah!!!.

Edited by 2ugly

Ahhhh solved it. If I run it with the Launch using Steam option checked it takes longer and allows DayZ Commander to completely exit. Yeah!!!.

I see. I use the steam launch option as well. I tried it your way and my mouse software failed to load as well. XD.