Bullet Sponge

Do people go out of THEIR way to kill new players?

Seems like every server I have logged into everybody shoots new players. Is the player base really that bad that they feel the need to shoot people who obviously pose no threat whatsoever? The fact that someone feels the need to kill other people just to make them suffer makes me want to punch them in the mouth. There's nothing more frustrating than having to respawn and spend the next 30 minutes running around just to find an axe and then getting shot from some A-hole.

I understand that's part of the game and I accept it but come on, if you see a lone guy who obviously looks new (and I know you can tell) resist the urge to blow him away from half a mile away with a scoped rifle wearing a gillie suit with a 20 slot backpack. Chances are they have nothing of value for you anyways.

End rant.

Frustration vented.

That is all,

Thank you

Edited by Bullet Sponge

I don't go out of my way to kill new players. (Like some ass hates i've seen going up and down the coast in cars.) However, If I see you running in electro or cherono, or you pop your head around a corner I'll probalby shoot you on reaction alone. Sorry, thats how it goes. Trust no one. Now that being said, I've also laid in wait at the botom of a fire station with a hatched and killed well armed players as they leave the tower. Its great fun.

:/

That was it.

Now for my second thought.

If its part of the game and you accept it, Why complain?

It sucks, yes, Find friends, become more alert and such.

Plus, there's tons of spawn points, Its not like THERE are cleverly placed campers at each spawn point.

To each THEIR own I guess....Anyway, 1.Spawn in....2. Haul ass to nearest town that is not Cherno/Elektro. 3. Find gun. 4. survive.

Players get in your way?, shoot them.

Players are unarmed and in your way?, make a choice to shoot or let them live.

Edited by Brachra
  • Like 1

I'm sensing a subtle hint that THERE appears to be something wrong with my grammar? But I fail to see it....

I am mostly fucking with you, check your thread title.

Just play a bit safer, don't haul it down the middle of the road, at least get to the treeline.

The thing is, if you have any form of weapon, you can kill them and take their stuff. You can even conceal weapons in your pack or loot their pack and steal their gun to kill them with it. People are paranoid of losing their stuff. Yes there are those that leave a car in the middle of elektro and snipe everyone who walks up to it for sport, but they're not as plentiful as you may think.

Also, Slide, some of those people are driving down the coast to HELP newbies, by picking them up and taking them where they want to go. Just use your best judgement, you may get a ride.

Depends on the range, if you're beyond 300 meters and I can confirm you only have starter gear I will most likely shoot warning shots next to you to scare you off. However, if you keep coming forward I will kill you.

I am mostly fucking with you, check your thread title.

*Sigh* I accept your ridicule. Title changed

And to HerrJon. I don't run down the middle of roads like a noob (even though I am one). I've learned to stick to forests but the problem arises from gathering some loot from a town and making a run back to the trees is where I seem to get shot at the most. I've died more times to gunfire outside the big cities in the small villages than to zombie attacks.

Met several people, some friendly, some not, some i don't know as I only saw them from afar. Try and get an over watch position and check for players first and then decide what to do. When you round the corner and you're face to face with one it usually ends up in a gunfight simply because the other guy is on edge while and gets startled, much like the siberian tiger.

If you know where there's people you know how to approach it; does the person have weapons? CAn you see any safe places from where to speak with said person?

As mentioned above, play it safe and add in the whole awareness business and you should find yourself where you want to be.

Oh and what villages? Balota? Kamenka? The farther north you head and the farther away from the NW airfield/coast you are the less likely it is that you will get shot if you sneak.

And to HerrJon. I don't run down the middle of roads like a noob (even though I am one). I've learned to stick to forests but the problem arises from gathering some loot from a town and making a run back to the trees is where I seem to get shot at the most. I've died more times to gunfire outside the big cities in the small villages than to zombie attacks.

Happens to the best of us. When having to cross an open area, just sprint full speed and run in a random zig-zag, this will make you 100x harder to hit, and always search the treeline for movement and muzzle flashes. Of course, if there is a path with cover, take that if at all possible.

Edited by HerrJon

Try to be a bit more tactically aware of your surroundings.

Don't run around like a headless chicken. Use as much cover as possible (walls, trees, houses, wrecked cars). Stay low. If you have to travel over open ground never run in a straight line. Bob, weave, zig-zag do whatever is necessary to make any potential sniper, who may have eyes on you, have a hard time getting a clean shot on you.

Try not to aggro zombies as this will alert others players in the area.

If there's a building or somewhere specific you want to go to do not be hasty. Scan the area. Look at what cover there is. Make a plan in your head. Be as sneaky as possible. Keep you ears and ears open at all times.

If is it's really getting you down go into low pop servers where's there's less of chance of snipers camping the hills and surrounding spawn area's.

I think some people do, I recently died after a long time so it was weird being on the coast, I was near Elektro so I went in to loot before going back up North. I only scratched a single corner of Elektro looking for loot, but I came across atleast 15 corpses on the roads. I have no idea how they all died, if they were all new and got owned by zombies, or if a sniper was picking them off. I expect the latter. I however was fine, I got all of my loot and left really well equipped and headed back up North.

And there's plenty of videos on youtube of snipers high up in buildings in Cherno and Elektro sniping people for no reason, knowing that most of them are probably going to be new spawns, since anyone well looted doesn't go to big cities to loot, unless they are stupid.

Don't stay on the south theres some bitches who hide in the hills around major/minor towns with their rifles and they one shot kill you even if you have no gun, so head north if you have map set a waypoint using left shift+click and head to that waypoint where using the db map the deerstands are

Fuck all that. Just run bro. You'll gear up in cherno 7 out of 10 times without enemy contact. Plus, you get geared faster. Then haul ass out. If you have nothing who gives a fuck if you live or die?

That's why I'm part of a group of 6 survivors.

At the very least, I've played with 2 other people. The guys that kill randomly tend to hang around on their own and run away when they see 3 heavily armed guys on ATV's speeding in their direction.

If you couldn't kill other players and just "survive" against the zeds then Dayz wouldn't be half the game it is. While it is a pain not everyone shoots, i met a couple dudes last night. Also getting in and out of Cherno firestation, supermarket (with bandit tent out back :| ) and hospital past fly ridden corpses while they shot every zed in sight was truly epic. :D

Well im part of a clan, and sometimes its just down to clan warfare. On the server I play on we might lock down elecktro for a night an see how long we can stay alive from other clans, and just have a PvP fight night :)

I think its just common sense to stick away from the big cities, every arse hole with an elbow goes there. If you ever watched any zombie films you would know that cities are bad for your health, same in dayz.

You get repeatedly shot. Do you:

a ) Play more stealthily, keeping to cover and visiting high traffic areas when strictly necessary?

b ) Play more aggressively, taking out targets before they have a chance to react? Or

c ) Cry like a little bitch in the forum?

Edited by PoisonedAl

Like mentioned earlier though, when you're a fresh spawn, you have nothing to lose, I'm an experienced player and I've just died from a 40 day life, and as a fresh spawn, I just ran into Elektro and looted, had nothing to lose, if I get shot, I respawn again, losing virtually nothing. So keep doing it.

I started my 40 day life by looting Elektro, Cherno and then the N/W Airfield. I took risks, they paid off. You only need to start playing carefully when you have something to lose that isn't easily replaceable.

For example I looted the Elektro firestation on my fresh spawn a couple of days ago, and I found a Cayote backpack, THEN, I stopped running around like an idiot, and I moved out sooner than I would have if I hadn't found it. Because they aren't that common, I had something to lose. Up until then though, I was just sprinting around Elektro Axing zombies and carelessly looting with disregard for my life.

Ok, here goes...

An unarmed player can be a threat.

Me and a friend were in the Balota Airfield tower, arming up, and 2 unarmed guys came in.

I was going to shoot them, but my friend convinced me not to.

They were talking to each other using direct chat and dragged a huge bunch of zombies towards us. We just sort of stayed put and let them see theres no loot left, and hoped they'd leave. Then, we saw 2 more survivors approaching the airfield. Armed.

Of course, once close enough, they heard the two unarmed guys talking no direct, and thus alerted them to presence in the tower.

The end of the story is not nice. The final pair that arrived killed us all.

So... Unarmed doesn't mean no threat. Besides, what if he was to steal a gun from your backpack, or even find a guy near you and shoot you dead?

This game induces paranoia. One of the results is paranoid killings. Dont trust anyone who isn't on TS / Mumble / Skype with you.

I will most likely shoot warning shots next to you to scare you off.

It's also known as "missing".