Can of Corn

Your Funniest DayZ Moments?

I'm sure this thread has been done a million times over but I'm new to the forums. I've been playing DayZ for about 2 months now. I do love the game even though it has many annoyances.

Here is my funniest DayZ moment:

I was running to Stary Sobor and I happened to find a random motorbike in the middle of the woods a kilometer from Elektro. I rode it all the way to the NW Airfield before I started to run out of gas, so I headed back towards some other town. I couldn't find a jerrycan for the life of me (Go figure when you need one you can't find one, and when you don't need one it's all you ever find). I ended up finding a red CAR sitting in this middle of some town. I was so surprised. It was the first time I found vehicles since I started playing the mod.

I head back to NW Airfield. I get out of the car to loot the tower and I hear gunshots in the distance. I immediately run back into my car and drive towards the gunshots. I see a lone survivor running from 3 zombies right down the middle of the runway. I chase him down in my little red car and run him over. He didn't die but he passed out and I watched as the 3 zombies killed him. I got out and killed the zombies and looted him. He only had a revolver with no bullets left, scrap metal, and some bandages.

I sometimes feel badly about it mainly because he had no items and I suspect he may have been a noob. Either way I laughed for like 30 minutes straight.

Anyway share your stories!

• Like 1

When me and my RL friends found our first working vehicle: A bus! We drove around all day and then suddenly it just blew up and we all died except my brother :( But we sure had alot of fun!

The other day I headed down to the lower quarter of the map for what felt like the first time in years.

Heard some gunshots in the barns just north of Cherno so I decided to check them out, saw a guy with an AK and fired on him.

Even though I fired first and put 30 bullets into him, I ended up dying to his gunfire, wtf.

Pretty sure it was a desync issue.

Anyway, spawned at Cape Galova and started running back to my body, on my way I start getting shot at by a guy with an AK and lee enfield.

They try and rob me for my painkillers but I keep abusing them on the mic and running around them, for some reason 1 of them stands still for 2 seconds and I manage to go into his pack and steal an AK Kobra from him and kill him hahahahaha.

His friend eventually killed me but it was so worth it.

After that, the server restarted and I lost my corpse and started again

too bad you don't find amazing hackers like this one so often that seek fun rather than killing everyone

Killed myself with a port-o-potty

EDIT: Just walked off the stairs on top of the firestation in Cherno, and broke my legs and knocked myself out like a fucking idiot. Hurr durr I'm ermahgerdwatdafuqbehbehkyoo =(

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Watched some guy named Kruger run around Elektro 600m away getting fucked up by zombies for 5 minutes. Watched him bleeding, desperately backpedaling trying to shoot with his revolver, missing about 15 shots. When he finally killed the last zed he thought he had won the day and tried to sprint out of town. I took him down with one round from my DMR. About 10 minutes later some guy got KO'd by a zombie, it walked away without killing him, so I waited for him to wake up then shot him too.

That. 1:10

EDIT: There were probably way more funny moments that I didn't record. It's usually the small stuff.

Edited by AllYoYens
  • Like 1

That. 1:10

EDIT: There were probably way more funny moments that I didn't record. It's usually the small stuff.

That guy that killed you was a hacker :/

My mate and I were running from Solnichniy to Chernarus. Along the way we attracted about 50 zombies, we both had some weapons but not much, we were on the road in the middle of no where reaching Charnaus, so I turned around and tried shooting a zombie, my halt-witted mate decided to move in front of me and I popped him in the chest, laying unconscious he started being eaten, I started screaming "I GOT THIS" and started spraying the 1911, so he left, came back and unconscious so I started dragging his body around for a bit, best night on DayZ so far.

Edited by KeyaKev

Today I was in Elektro and spot a bandit heading to the office which is where I'm heading so I say over the voice coms "There's a hacker in there dude I wouldn't go in there!" and he backs off of the door. Meanwhile I run towards the ladders on the side of the office, only he had followed me round the side and didn't take kindly to my deception :D . He swings at me as I climb up. He gets a hit on me but waits below, meanwhile on the roof I hit the jackpot as there is a body right at the top of the ladder, and in his hands a .50 cal. I take it and immediately run down the stairs, out the front out and turn the corner to find him still waiting at the bottom of the ladders looking up. I stop dead once I round the corner, he sees me and I start slowly walking towards him and I say "IT'S PAYBACK TIME!" over the mic. He shits his pants and runs all the way to the fire station ducking and weaving all the time me following him and spamming .50 cal rounds all around him. His reaction was fucking priceless.

Unfortunately the whole server went down just as I actually put him in my scopes and I re-spawned without the M107 otherwise it would've been the perfect ending.

• Like 1

Found a bus near black lake, started driving went down the little creek bed and it flung me about 15 ft into the air making the bus land standing up, i then tried to figure a way to get out of the bus without dieing, so i went to the back seat and hopped out, nope it dropped me from the top of the bus and i died, i found it quite funny.

I dove into a tree, broke my leg and died.

I'll try make this sound as interesting as possible.

I had spotted a guy driving a truck in Pustoshka, driving carelessly throughout, his destination was the supermarket.

As he pulled up to the market my friend and I had carefully crawled around making sure we were not seen or heard.

We were hiding behind other cars and some debris, we had complete access to jump into his car and bail before he could get to us.

We had to be quick, since I was closest to the car, I had made the decision to be driver.

Take note that I had NEVER driven a car in arma before.

I had no idea what I was getting into.

The car started and I tried to reverse, the car was reversing at a high 4KMPH. Great! I decided to go forward and squeeze between the debris on the road. WORST IDEA.

The guy came out, fired at us instantly. At this point I had jammed the truck in the debris and we were fucked.

We both got out of the car and started to take this guy down. My friend had been shot first, his legs broke instantly, shortly after - death.

I was absolutely FREAKING OUT and being in pain certainly did not help.

Since it was now a 1v1 I decided to run, I ran around the left side of the market and tried to get a good shot on him. For the next 5 minutes I was watching him try and start his car. It was still stuck.

I was firing at him, but I kept missing. I decided to just watch him struggle to get his car out.

To calm myself down from being so freaked out, I logged.

Most intense shit for us - ever. I swore i saw crazy in his eyes as he came out of that market :|

Found a UAZ got it gassed up drove it around all night made a camp this morning recieve a text

"jonesy managed to flip the car in electro"

Was in a fire station, climbing down the stairs innocently. next thing i know, i've broken a leg, gone unconscious, and fallen through the side of the tower to faceplant into the ground. luckily i was able to stay alive, and had to crawl three blocks to the hospital for morphine. that was the first time i broke a leg, and i hope it will be the last.

Today I was in Elektro and spot a bandit heading to the office which is where I'm heading so I say over the voice coms "There's a hacker in there dude I wouldn't go in there!" and he backs off of the door. Meanwhile I run towards the ladders on the side of the office, only he had followed me round the side and didn't take kindly to my deception :D . He swings at me as I climb up. He gets a hit on me but waits below, meanwhile on the roof I hit the jackpot as there is a body right at the top of the ladder, and in his hands a .50 cal. I take it and immediately run down the stairs, out the front out and turn the corner to find him still waiting at the bottom of the ladders looking up. I stop dead once I round the corner, he sees me and I start slowly walking towards him and I say "IT'S PAYBACK TIME!" over the mic. He shits his pants and runs all the way to the fire station ducking and weaving all the time me following him and spamming .50 cal rounds all around him. His reaction was fucking priceless.

Unfortunately the whole server went down just as I actually put him in my scopes and I re-spawned without the M107 otherwise it would've been the perfect ending.

Bumping my old topic, but this story is hilarious. I finally got around to reading it.

I've got a new one. Me and 4 other friends were in Cherno. We were all armed to the teeth. Fal, Saw, 2 AKS and 1 Enfield user. We're running down a street and suddenly this lone bandit runs around the corner, he turns and spots us, and he starts yelling gibberish at us over coms (Different language). We had no clue what he was saying but we all ended up all blasting him. My friend panicked and wasted a whole FAL clip on this poor sod, I put like 10 SAW rounds into him. It was overkill to say the least. I keep laughing about it though because we were going crazy over skype during it. So funny... ah good times.