Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate_Fantasy

Lingering after logging out

I'm tired of people disconnecting after I miss them with my first sniper shot, or leaving the game when the zombie horde they're fighting becomes too large.

I suggest having player characters stay in place for a minute or two after disconnecting to prevent this exploit. This also forces players to find a safe resting place before leaving the game, so that they won't be stumbled upon by zombies after they disconnect.

This will certainly ruin the game for people who...

1) Crash

2) has a Legit disconnect(unstable internet)

3) Powersurge(unlikely but can happen)

4) Has finished playing the game for the day, wants to log out. Logs out however character still ingame, some guy happen to see him and thus shoot him. - Guy Comes back the next day, character dead..

This will certainly ruin the game for people who...

1) Crash

2) has a Legit disconnect(unstable internet)

3) Powersurge(unlikely but can happen)

4) Has finished playing the game for the day' date=' wants to log out. Logs out however character still ingame, some guy happen to see him and thus shoot him. - Guy Comes back the next day, character dead..

[/quote']

1. Too bad. Log back in ASAP.

2. Too bad. Log back in ASAP.

3. Too bad. But you'll have disappeared and be safe before you can log back in.

4. That's his fault for not finding a safe place to log out in.

Again, players would just stay in the game for a few seconds. Hardly long enough for someone that doesn't know they're there to find them.

Keeping the game open to exploits to keep the carebears from not dying is just bad practice if you ask me. Alright, the alpha may be prone to crashing, so maybe put off this mechanic until it becomes more stable, but it should definitely be employed in the beta/final release.

In beta release the main database will keep track of disconnects/reconnects and will punish those who abuse it. Dw, rocket is aware of people doing this and does not approve. In fact, go read the announcements forum, it's one of the first topics.

L2READ.