Sign in to follow this  
Ivyt

Randomly died....

I looked around on both forums and google for my exact scenario and found nothing, so I am making this thread.

I was to the NW of Stary running and suddenly my PC froze. I had to reboot and logged back in the game when that was finished. Went on the same exact server and was greeted by the "You are Dead!" screen, so I'm obviously thinking to myself wtf just happened....

I load back on my character in a field that stretches as far as the eye can see with fog everywhere and a corpse in Civilian clothing beneath my feet. I have nothing, not even a backpack (though my slots indicate it's an Alice pack, despite literally NOTHING showing up in my inventory). I had a Ghillie suit before my pc froze and I was still wearing it at this point.

So I quit the game and restarted it. Logged back on the same server, and I guess a new character was created. But this new character also had no backpack or bandage and was wearing a Ghillie suit when he spawned in Komorovo... I had a lot of good and rare gear like a Rangefinder and GPS on this character that randomly died, I assume I'm totally screwed and there is no possible way I can recover all that (aside from looting my corpse, but I highly doubt its where I left it since I loaded into that field and all) but I figure I'd post this and find out what the hell exactly happened.

Any takers? Common bug? Needless to say I'm pretty pissed about this.

inb4tl;dr

• Like 1

Still had stats before you died if so ,, yes new bug from last patch. YAY!!

This game is in dire need of CSR/GM support. If it doesn't receive it soon, I predict nobody playing by the end of the year.

Hi there, exactly same thing happened to me today, just found a crashed helicopter with L85 and AS50, best loot I ever found in-game, then I played for about an hour and after that I disconnected. When I joined same server later on I found myself in debug forest in my ghillie and empty inventory. I reconnected as I found another topic saying that this can fix player inventory but for me it sadly did not. I am now gathering gear all over again. I have yet not seen this issue to be adressed by mod developer/s and would be happy if it was as it already happened to me twice, on same character. We can only hope this will be fixed soon. Good luck on your travels :)

Seriously need some closure with this?

It's an alpha mod. Bugs are bound to happen. There is no way to get your gear back so just start over like the rest of us do when we die or lose gear.

The best thing to do is report this bug so hopefully they figure it out in the future.