wheelspk

Dayz Standalone

DayZ is getting its own stand alone game, that wont be a mod for Arma II.

Currently dayz is a mod for arma 2 AO. Dayz standalone will be a game all by itself, once it is released. So it wont require arma 2 AO to operate.

so what will happen to the arma we have bought???

i got he arma for the mod :(

have to buy dayZ again??

Yes you will. Although you bought Arma to play Day Z it's actually a free mod that was only originally intended to be run on a couple of servers. When they release the standalone it will have much more content, be on a new engine and be a more complete experience. This is just the testing phase for that game.

Yep.

have to buy dayZ again??

Yep.

Arma 2 is full of content, don't know why you'd be so sad about it.

i dont want to play arma 2, i just got it for dayZ

so now i got arma which i dont want and have to buy dayz again...what not to understand in it??

The thing is, your not buying DayZ "again". You would be buying it for the first time. You bought Arma 2 to play a free mod (as did I). That's our own problem. However, I think by the time DayZ is released as a standalone title, this mod alone will have more than justified the 30 dollars I spent on CO. And when DayZ is released, I will gladly pay more for the finished game.

• Like 1

Yes you will. Although you bought Arma to play Day Z it's actually a free mod that was only originally intended to be run on a couple of servers. When they release the standalone it will have much more content, be on a new engine and be a more complete experience. This is just the testing phase for that game.

Pretty certain I just read an interveiw with Rocket at GamesCom where he said the standalone will be on Arma II engine a mix of the Arma II and III engine with unique extras to boot, and not Arma III like we had suspected.

Edited by Obsolescence

i dont want to play arma 2, i just got it for dayZ

so now i got arma which i dont want and have to buy dayz again...what not to understand in it??

Sorry, that you bought a great game just for a mod. Which, if I'm correct, has been stated it was going to be a standalone for months and not require Arma 2.

Arma is a great game. U can still play the mod and im pretty sure many servers will be up when the stand alone game comes out.

The standalone will be in alpha and wont cost much until fully released (So a discount cuz it is in beta in a way)

The mod will probably be continued into beta then be a full mod so u might not need the standalone.

have to buy dayZ again??

dont worry about it. Its following the minecraft build. When in alpha and beta the game will be cheap maybe 10-15 dollars

and will go to like 25-30 dollars once released as a fullt game. Dayz will also continue to be patched. Rocket now has a team and they are doing most of the work on the game so rocket can still update the mod dayz with new stuff and fix glitches and such.

ok thanks

so what engine will the dayZ be running on?? i mean arma2 looks good..innit.

any release date??

I'd like to know if the stand alone is intended to be cross platform, if the experience gets diluted for consoles then I won't be interested in it and will want to stick with the mod. I don't care about the money, Dayz as it is now is something really special in gaming...

I'd like to know if the stand alone is intended to be cross platform, if the experience gets diluted for consoles then I won't be interested in it and will want to stick with the mod. I don't care about the money, Dayz as it is now is something really special in gaming...

I don't think so. That is, if they make DayZ for consoles. They want to see how well it sales on PC first, before they start on a console version.