ShaDDer

SE 46 server thread

I headed straight back towards Gorka after I dropped you off. If I wanted to kill you I probably wouldn´t have driven you over half the map to where the bus was located :)

I even told you before I left that it wasn't us that had the blue van so you probably should have been more careful approaching it. If you take someone elses ride you might get shot. Hard but true.

But I feel your pain anyway, really unlucky to bump into ZlobaRUS54/Psychodad on an almost empty server. Hope you will find your stuff and the bus again.

Yeah I know. Basically I was already at the van when I spotted it, manuevering around the trees with that long bus, much to drunk to drive really. Found the van and didn't think much about it, started taking screenshots to remember the great day that I got two vehicles lol. Then panic and death followed shortly. B)

It sucks but it was still a nice experience encountering Dance in the forest, driving a bus for a while and getting punished for not being careful enough. Thats the game.

There where only Dance, me and TheGuyInTheGhillie on the server when I died.

I checked with the logs, psycodad was online also, and from what I can figure, psycodad = ZlobaRUS54. He also confirmed above that it was him killing you, and he is not part of our group. I find it quite intriguing that we are all in the same spot of the map with so few players and we are also following this post :D

I had never found a vehicle before, then I run into Dance who where friendly and drove me to a bus. There used to be a van also they said but it had been taken. I drove the bus and found the van, just checking it out taking some screenshots. Then out of nowhere I see you guys sneaking up on me so I just panicked and got in as driver. I never wanted to steal your van, just get home with my new bus.

Did you atleast leave the bus there or did you grab it too? None of the gear in it was mine but I would really like a vehicle for me and my group.

Dance clearly stated we did not have the van. Look at ZloboRUS54's post, he says your Bus is still there :)

Yeah I know. Basically I was already at the van when I spotted it, manuevering around the trees with that long bus, much to drunk to drive really. Found the van and didn't think much about it, started taking screenshots to remember the great day that I got two vehicles lol. Then panic and death followed shortly. B)

Hehe, out driving drunk? DayZ drunk driving survival, sounds like a tricky mod ;)

It sucks but it was still a nice experience encountering Dance in the forest, driving a bus for a while and getting punished for not being careful enough. Thats the game.

Yeah, we've been plenty killed just meeting someone (bandit), that's what I liked with meeting you, you didn't shoot on first sight, just as we try to we try to be nice people. It's easy to become a bandit just from surviving, the real challenge is not becoming a bandit in this game :)

Yeah Karg I understand that it wasn't your guys. :) And the bus was still there when I went searching for it so I'm not complaining. B)

Server will be updated to 1.7.2.5 and latest beta patch in a few minutes.

Darn it! Kept stashing stuff in my vehicle, just as if they would stay. Lost a few hours of collecting that stuff. <_<

Any word from Rocket on fixing this? Or are tents and vehicles basically useless for storage now?

Tents are bugged yes, we lost multiple with loads of gear. But cars should be fine, we don't have issues with those. Are you sure you saved and didn't put in too much?

Yep I saved it. I never got any sign of overloading either but that shouldn't matter? My Tractor had tons of stuff but reverted to the default: One can of food, one binoculars and one empty whiskey bottle. I am pretty far from any of my tents but some of them where fine yesterday atleast. Will the content dissapear only if the tent is saved? So I can keep "old" gear in the tents as long as I don't save the tents?

Can overloading cause tents/vehicles to not save the content? I thought the only risk of overloading was losing the actual item you are trying to put in the tent/vehicle.

My report, my vehicle and tents was still there after upgrade with all pre-upgrade gear. However the new stuff I put was not saved in the tent, I pitched a new tent and saved stuff in the vehicle, old tents and new tent. Will check which was saved after the next restart. According to some reports the Hive will be moved to a new better host soon.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Thanks for the info ZlobaRUS54. My vehicle was reset once again this morning so I guess I won't use it for storage until word gets out that this issue is fixed. I guess I will make due with the gear I got and try finding something else to do in the meantime besides storing gear.

Someone disconnected from the server as I tried interacting with him. Time around 19:14 if Karg would like to look in to it.

Some idiot crashed a heli in the forest nearby minutes later also, around Dolina. The heli was flopping around in the air like a leaf falling from a tree. I thank you for the NVG:s, GPS and Range Finder, never had any of those before. :)

OK, now I am really dissapointed.

I had just got the engine parts that I needed, as well as the above mentioned gear when I logged out waiting for the server to restart. I logged back in now and I got the "Wait X seconds to respawn"- screen with the server message that I just died. I then spawned at "wilderness" with no gear, looked like I was off the map (just plains as far as I could see). Logged out and back in, spawned at Kamenka, still no gear but somehow still in my ghillie suit.

This really pisses me off since I have been hunting engine parts for several days and I lost NVG:s, Range Finder and GPS, stuff I never found before today. Is there any chance this can be rolled back or fixed somehow? I logged out 4 minutes before the server restarted and I had picked up the engine parts minutes before that.

Is this a known issue? What triggers it? Is it just a random bug at server restarts or did I do something wrong? If this keeps up along with the tents and vehicles not saving my gear I will soon lose my patience and pick up BF3 again or something.

:(

Tents and vehicles not saving is a known issue with 1.7.2.5 (my van that survived the first restart has disappeared), about re-spawning with nothing, I think you tried to log back in to quickly before the server was ready, if you use DyZ Commander the server will have an hour-glass icon next to it.

I logged in more than an hour after the restart, I was not rushing it.

Edited by ShaDDer

Someone disconnected from the server as I tried interacting with him. Time around 19:14 if Karg would like to look in to it.

Some idiot crashed a heli in the forest nearby minutes later also, around Dolina. The heli was flopping around in the air like a leaf falling from a tree. I thank you for the NVG:s, GPS and Range Finder, never had any of those before. :)

Thanks for reporting, but since the 1.7.2.5 it's actually very difficult to catch these guys, they stopped writing a lot of useful info to the RPT log. The heli-crasher was some guy who found the heli and took it for a spin :)

OK, now I am really dissapointed.

I had just got the engine parts that I needed, as well as the above mentioned gear when I logged out waiting for the server to restart. I logged back in now and I got the "Wait X seconds to respawn"- screen with the server message that I just died. I then spawned at "wilderness" with no gear, looked like I was off the map (just plains as far as I could see). Logged out and back in, spawned at Kamenka, still no gear but somehow still in my ghillie suit.

This really pisses me off since I have been hunting engine parts for several days and I lost NVG:s, Range Finder and GPS, stuff I never found before today. Is there any chance this can be rolled back or fixed somehow? I logged out 4 minutes before the server restarted and I had picked up the engine parts minutes before that.

Is this a known issue? What triggers it? Is it just a random bug at server restarts or did I do something wrong? If this keeps up along with the tents and vehicles not saving my gear I will soon lose my patience and pick up BF3 again or something.

:(

We had hackers on the server tonight, I actually reported one just now, don't know if a hacker hit you or a bug that hit players with the ghillie or something similar, heard of a bug that screws things up if you went bandit and wears a ghille, but I'm kinda clueless.

Sorry to hear you lost your stuff.

About fix for this issue with the saving, we will just have to wait for them to fix it, I have no clue as to when but I'm guessing soon.

We had hackers on the server tonight, I actually reported one just now, don't know if a hacker hit you or a bug that hit players with the ghillie or something similar, heard of a bug that screws things up if you went bandit and wears a ghille, but I'm kinda clueless.

Well I'm no bandit for sure, no murders at all when this happened. On the other hand I was getting graphic/debug bugs when going 1.7.2.5, giving me the bandit scarf on and off after spawning in, also giving me a humanity level of zero for no reason. Perhaps this bug got even worse when I had the ghillie on and the bandit skin couldn't apply properly. I will check my humanity level tomorrow, it may or may not be a clue. Thank you for your support Karg, I appreciate it.

I have posted this hacker report: Hacker caught

If he's not globally banned from my logs then what little faith I have in this system with reporting hackers is lost, hope it's taken seriously and handled swifty.

Well I'm no bandit for sure, no murders at all when this happened. On the other hand I was getting graphic/debug bugs when going 1.7.2.5, giving me the bandit scarf on and off after spawning in, also giving me a humanity level of zero for no reason. Perhaps this bug got even worse when I had the ghillie on and the bandit skin couldn't apply properly. I will check my humanity level tomorrow, it may or may not be a clue. Thank you for your support Karg, I appreciate it.

Yeah I heard from a buddy that's been looking into that bandit skin thing it's affecting non-bandits as well, and you can loose your gear and respawn and die and all kind of strange things, I'm guessing you are hit by that bug. I'll ask him if he could supply the links to what he found. But I think it should be on the dayz forums.

As far as the 1.7.2.5 hotfix is concerned I'm really dissapointed since all the issues that's been reported is now on our server as well, this was what made me wait with upgrading for so long and only because the server was almost empty I decided to upgrade, we want players on the server. Also I cannot imagine why they release a hotfix and do not list all the changes, this was not just a hotfix, a hotfix only adresses issues that need to be fixed fast, and should never ever ever never ever ever never introduce new features. If they do it's not a hotfix, it's an update.

hotfix = adresses issues that needs an immediate bugfix

update = bugfixes and new features

So now the 1.7.2.5 "hotfix" has been out for about 19 days and has not been fixed when it's apparent to atleast me the bugs introduced are worse than what they "fixed".

I can only agree that 1.7.2.5 was a fail from a hotfix perspective. Iv'e got the impression that Rocket tries to add new features and make hidden changes in order to develop the game and wait for feedback as these changes are identified by the players. Personally I think it may sometimes be a good idea to implement hidden changes (zombie behavior for example) but when it screws up tents and my character switches skins for no apparent reason we as players want to know what is going on. In the very least I would like some feedback when we complain and as far as I know there has been no word at all from Rocket on these issues.

What was even the big problem with 1.7.2.4 that made 1.7.2.5 necessary from the beginning? I guess the tents are bugged from the devs trying to hinder item duping, but as we all know that went a bit too far since items can't even be saved at the moment.

If you add everything together; Hackers, bugs that kill you from nowhere, items that can't be stored - what's left when it comes to enjoying the game? You are supposed to survive on Chernarus and all these things are very contraproductive to that goal. I think Rocket should make a public comment about what is being done to adress these issues and release a new hotfix ASAP, otherwise players will deflect from the alpha and wait for the full version, which in turn will decrease the amount of feedback on game changes which may end in a less enjoyable final version.

The risks of loosing your life and hard earned stuff is what makes this game different and thrilling. But loosing it more times due to bugs and hackers than bandits or zombies sucks big time.

Caught another player disconnecting when I ran into him. Time 13:13. Didn't catch the name but it said "XXX is losing connection" for like 0.2 seconds.

EDIT: Got the coordinates too if it may help, PM me if that's the case.

Edited by ShaDDer

Caught another player disconnecting when I ran into him. Time 13:13. Didn't catch the name but it said "XXX is losing connection" for like 0.2 seconds.

EDIT: Got the coordinates too if it may help, PM me if that's the case.

Thanks for reporting, I'd like to recieve reports like this in a private message where time, location and player name should be included if possible. There is one more thing that could be done ingame at the moment the players disconnects and that is to bring up the chat and write something that you also report in the private message, this helps to track the time in the logs. I'd suggest saying 'player ALT+F4'd' or something other similar incriminating, like 'bailer at 65 122' (Chernogorsk I think these coords are at).

alt-f4, 1455 game time, around 003134 (about 10 min ago)

I don't realy know about Admins on this server, but im pretty sure one just killed me after I shot him and his friend when they were in their chopper on the way to land it. I took the chopper and started flying it for a while and all of a sudden the chopper starts to act weird like couldn't realy fly forward and stuff. So I landed the chopper to restart the motor. And when I got out of the chopper a guy teleports infront of me and chopps me with his hatchet. Ofcourse it could have been a hacker but I doubt it since the guy just had a hatchet and a Patrol backpack. So that's it for this server :/. Can't stand it when people can't accept what this game offers and takes. I'm just a bit mad and thought I had to tell the community so you wont make the same "misstake" as I did. If the man that killed me was an Admin I'm just sad for his cause. But I'm not 100 % sure that it was and Admin causing this, Could have been a hacker aswell :S. Dont remember what the guys name was when I shot them.

I don't realy know about Admins on this server, but im pretty sure one just killed me after I shot him and his friend when they were in their chopper on the way to land it. I took the chopper and started flying it for a while and all of a sudden the chopper starts to act weird like couldn't realy fly forward and stuff. So I landed the chopper to restart the motor. And when I got out of the chopper a guy teleports infront of me and chopps me with his hatchet. Ofcourse it could have been a hacker but I doubt it since the guy just had a hatchet and a Patrol backpack. So that's it for this server :/. Can't stand it when people can't accept what this game offers and takes. I'm just a bit mad and thought I had to tell the community so you wont make the same "misstake" as I did. If the man that killed me was an Admin I'm just sad for his cause. But I'm not 100 % sure that it was and Admin causing this, Could have been a hacker aswell :S. Dont remember what the guys name was when I shot them.

I'm sad to hear this and I appreciate you reporting it, as far as me as admin and friends we have not played since last night. I'm sending you a private message that I hope you'll reply to to give me some more info on this hacking so I can start looking into it.

Hacker found with the help of Zitrop, thanks for helping.