jamiev1992

Lingor island trouble.

hey i just installed the lingor island mod but when i try to play a server it says cannot play/edit this mission as files have been deleted brg.africa mbg.buildings_2, ibr_plants ... etc

what do i do... i purchased arma 2 oa but got the demo on arma 2 ... does this matter..? dayz works perfectly fine just to let you know.

well lingor island is not the official map sooooooo....

Lingor Island isn't supported by this community, and runs on a completely different hive.

Edited by Clerkius

Try looking for the Lingor Island Community Forums.

What I did was make a new "Combined Operation" folder on my desktop. I then copy pasted the files from the arma 2 and arma 2 oa directory into that folder. then you put in the @dayz_lingor and @dayz_lingor_island folders into the combined ops folder. then make a shortcut from the arma2oa exe file in combined ops>>expansion>>beta and there ya go

Download the 1.4 version here http://www.icebreakr.info/lingor/download/?answer=1337 using the directions

than download the patch here http://dayzlingor.tk/content.php

Go down to the one in English and you must download the . 34 FULL and not the.33 to.34 patch than extract the files from the patch into your arma 2 operation arrowhead folder. And done!

(what i did because i do not use torrents, was i downloaded the .33 full than used the .33 to the .34 patch and overwrite the files)

Unfortunately all the servers that i play on take about 15 minutes for the waiting for character to create and loading, which is a very annoying.

You know I find that the argument saying that lingor island is not a part of dayz is a load of crap. It may not be the same map but it provides the exact same gametype with the exact same zombies with the exact same players on the exact same engine. To say they are completely seperate is nonsense.