Obsolescence

Should I update Arma II to latest version or server version?

I just started using DayZCommander. Great program, everyone should be using it!

My question is whether it is better (more stable) to always run the latest version of Arma II, regardless of what the version is on the server I use, or if it is better (more stable) to run the same Arma II version as the server I'm playing on?

For instance, the server I'm playing on uses DayZ 1.7.2.5 and Arma 95948. However, now there is a new Arma version (96015). So if I want everything to go as smoothly as possible should I update to 96015 or stay on 95948 until my favorite server updates?

Thanks for all the help!

In my experience, just update when you really need to. On a lot of ocassions I wasn't able to join my favourite server after an update, and just had to downgrade again.

So, I would suggest sticking to 95948 until your server updates.

Greetings

In my experience, just update when you really need to. On a lot of ocassions I wasn't able to join my favourite server after an update, and just had to downgrade again.

So, I would suggest sticking to 95948 until your server updates.

Greetings

So what this person meant to say, was to update to server version.

And I disagree with your fist line. Manually updating is much better and prone to less "unknown" errors imo.

Edited by Spinager

I think imma agree with Velox.

About an hour ago I experienced an issue where I suddenly spawn at the south coast, with my gear and stats intact though, but hell of long way from where I were.

I went to the forums and a few other people have had the same problem, some suggest it is due to problems with later Arma II revisions.

If that is the case - do what Velox says and don't update unless needed - that's what I'm going to do in the future.

Completely agree with Spinager, ditch Dayzcommander and all this c**p, manually updating is the most reliable imho.

Completely agree with Spinager, ditch Dayzcommander and all this c**p, manually updating is the most reliable imho.

What should be the difference?

When updating through DayZ it basically download the patch and run it, alternative is that your browser downloads the patch and you run it manually.

Defo update to server version, or most popular one used. I tried latest version tonight and suffered terrible artifacts so has to downgrade. Good job DayZcommander let's you do that now. :)

I think imma agree with Velox.

About an hour ago I experienced an issue where I suddenly spawn at the south coast, with my gear and stats intact though, but hell of long way from where I were.

I went to the forums and a few other people have had the same problem, some suggest it is due to problems with later Arma II revisions.

If that is the case - do what Velox says and don't update unless needed - that's what I'm going to do in the future.

Happened to me last night, played Quantum Leap a few times and lost every thing, including my backpack. :(

Edited by DazTroyer
  • Like 1

Happened to me last night, played Quantum Leap a few times and lost every thing, including my backpack. :(

Feel sorry for ya man, but you can have my beans.

• Like 1

Thanks lol, you can have mine just in case ;)

Thanks! Might come in handy.

Interestingly enough I more often find myself running out of food than any other thing, most likely cause I have forgotten Rifleman's Creed and focus so much on getting weapons and ammo that I completely forget that someone has to pull the trigger at some point if that ammo is to be of any use... My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. :D

Edited by n'Zapador