Sign in to follow this  
asherion

Hacker stuck me in the ocean

Hacker ported everyone on my server to ocean, looted us. No matter which server I try or changing profiles, I'm still in the ocean. I think it's going to take hours to swim back, if it's even possible. It's ridiculous, and ruining a fun new game for me.

Is there any way to reset, to get ported back... anything?

Thanks.

Hacker ported everyone on my server to ocean, looted us. No matter which server I try or changing profiles, I'm still in the ocean. I think it's going to take hours to swim back, if it's even possible. It's ridiculous, and ruining a fun new game for me.

Is there any way to reset, to get ported back... anything?

Thanks.

No.

I would also gladly die... hunger/thirst doesn't seem to be dropping, though, either...

Assuming your running version 1.7.2.5, try joining a server running an older version, it may respawn you on the beach. Good Luck!

Also there are several "hacktivists" (I'm not one, not in highschool/college and no time to play with that stuff) who COULD illegally teleport you out. Search around on the troubleshooting page, you'll find someone called "friendlyscripter". He and several guys might be able to help you. But the version swap should help. If it doesn't as he advised me last night, use dayz commander to downgrade your dayz version and your arma 2 version, then log in, should spawn you on the coast, then you can upgrade back and you'll be at the same spot - no gear that you lost, but you won't be in the ocean. The few nice hackers/scripters are quite knowledgeable and helpful in the game and know how the mechanics of versions work - IMO they should be hired by DayZ to help with development or at least serve as a support team to fix the many bugs that exist.

Best advice I got, but good luck! It's all trial and error to an extent, similar to how clicking "search" on google sometimes does nothing and you have to click a second time...

@Rodic that worked. It's a shame that people can cause that much mayhem, but at least there was a fix this time.

Thanks for the help, Rodic, Resin_