Sign in to follow this  
austendude

"fixed graphical glitches" MY ASS

They said they fixed the whole graphical glitch thing where wire fences and bodies, ect. dont make your screen blow up with glitchy stuff.

However, i just reached NW Airfield and couldn't see shit.... My whole screen was covered with the glitchy stuff.. I went to three different servers to test if it was just that server and...... they were all f***ed up!

Is it just me or do other people face the same issue?

You clearly havent read the 'please read before creating a new thread' thread

Yup.

The Airfield at Balota and certain other areas will do the same thing.

There's a large number of "Fixes" suggested but they are only temporary and only work for some people and not others.

Rocket has way too much on his plate, he's doing to much of the coding and testing on his own.

until he gets a proper team and the standalone these problems will continue to plague DayZ.

They also need to hire someone on to manage things.

Rocket has great ideas and it's baby but he needs someone who has expertise in managing a project like this.

same, I used to be able to fix it with changing my texture quality setting while looking at the artifacts, but not after the patch, But my friend said look away from the graphic issues, Like turn your back to them, use the flush method ( Hold left or right shift and tap the minus sybol on your Num pad ) Then type flush, you should get a black screen and a message, then turn back to the artifacts and it works, I tried this and it works for me.

I carnt say it works 100% of the time but the few times Ive had it this week its worked 100% for me. But you need to turn away when you do it.

Hope it works for you. and yes I know they should of fixed it like they said, But what can you do :huh:

try this: when you get the glitch hit shift and - on num pad and type flush. do this like six times and the glitch should keep getting worse. then log off n turn off launcher, or dayz cmdr whatever you use n then relog back into the same server.

then flush once more. this has worked for me everytime I get the glitch.

turn off vsync, then restart the game

Edited by Rollonio

Look...this is getting stupid as fuck. If they can't fix the graphical glitches then remove the items causing the problem. Right now the barbed wire fencing issue seems to be fixed. I don't know anybody getting graphical artifacts from those any more. Current issue is caused by the dead soldiers lying around Humvee's and military complexes. Remove the dead soldiers from the map until the issue is verified as fixed.

Simple as that.

Right now I am going to start playing on Lingor since that map doesn't seem to have any problems.

All of the fixes being suggested for this do not work for everybody and you can bet I am not going to bother flushing 6 times and restarting just to fix it for 5 minutes before getting it again. Screw that...im glad to find bugs and help with fixes but this is getting downright idiotic.

Edited by Vertisce
  • Like 1

I open my map and alt-tab out then back in. It works every time for me. It is an easy fix, but it's not when you're being chased by zombies, or in the middle of a fire fight. Hard to apply these fixes when you have to get up and run from a sniper, and the zombies that start chasing you as soon as you stand up.

If they can't fix the graphical glitches then remove the items causing the problem.

I totally agree with this. For me and many others it's just some unlootable corpses on the ground, so fuck them. It would neither kill the atmosphere, nor do anything else bad if they were removed. This worked for me (at least temporarily):

/Sarcasm

Simple fix guys... ok you face the direction the glitch comes from, then do 3 turns on yourself, thus facing it again, you must then -in this specific order (it's important) - salute, sit down, stand up, crouch, look to the ground, lower your weapon, look way up then start moving forward slowly while leaning left and right and moaning on your mic :P There, you now look so much better!

/Sarcasm

Edited by fraktal
  • Like 2

Edit the scene complexity on your arma 2 profile document in your My Documents folder. Open my documents then arma 2 OA profiles. Open your names file in notepad, hit Ctrl+F and type Scene. Then change the Scene Complexity = (it should be like a number of 200000 or 250000) to Scene complexity = 100000. Save the document and then launch Sixlauncher/DayZCommander and play the game with 0 glitches.

Edited by WildLeon
  • Like 1

He fixed some peoples i think its like a 50/50 right now but that other bug where you spawn at the coast with all your gear popped up out of nowhere

He fixed some peoples i think its like a 50/50 right now but that other bug where you spawn at the coast with all your gear popped up out of nowhere

Spawning at coast is so annoying

Edit the scene complexity on your arma 2 profile document in your My Documents folder. Open my documents then arma 2 OA profiles. Open your names file in notepad, hit Ctrl+F and type Scene. Then change the Scene Complexity = (it should be like a number of 200000 or 250000) to Scene complexity = 100000. Save the document and then launch Sixlauncher/DayZCommander and play the game with 0 glitches.

Doesn't work for everybody.

Doesn't work for everybody.

True, but works for a good majority, and can be a lifesaver if youve tried everything else. Keep changing the number till you find something that works. (Avoid less than 5000.)

Drink lots of beer. It will get better.

Turn your camera down towards the ground or all the way up into the air. And deal with it. Until its fixed. Sucks.

The only thing that works for me is restarting my game. Flush doesn't work and neither does changing the settings in anyway. If this was a complete game, I would make a big deal out of it. But it's not, it's just a mod that's in alpha. It's to be expected.

Well it didnt work but im just gonna keep doing what i did before: look away from it. I'm just trying to find a good weapon, and it's just a little hard with a giant glitch in my face like "WHAT UP??" It's annoying lol.

My only concerns are there being a sniper that can see, or running into a horde, blinded. Not worried about running into a survivor because they're gonna be just as blind lol

Yup.

The Airfield at Balota and certain other areas will do the same thing.

There's a large number of "Fixes" suggested but they are only temporary and only work for some people and not others.

Rocket has way too much on his plate, he's doing to much of the coding and testing on his own.

until he gets a proper team and the standalone these problems will continue to plague DayZ.

They also need to hire someone on to manage things.

Rocket has great ideas and it's baby but he needs someone who has expertise in managing a project like this.

you do know that BI made him Lead Producer, or Developer or something ( head Mofo in charge ) of the standalone and he does indeed have a team. its not just him

there is a small team for the mod, but that ATM is an afterthought to the Standalone.

its not just him, the standalone will make him money, he makes Squat on the mod, its safe to say that he doesnt care about the Mod at this point, he said in an interview he cant fix a majority of the problems with the DayZ Mod

• Like 1

I totally agree with this. For me and many others it's just some unlootable corpses on the ground, so fuck them. It would neither kill the atmosphere, nor do anything else bad if they were removed. This worked for me (at least temporarily):

[/media]

just when the new version came out it help but after some days thy came back to me and this rally helps