alaness

Introducing "The People's Republic of Chernarus" - 200 player UK server.

Me and some friends are putting together an experimental cluster of high power computers for one weekend to host the biggest dayZ server yet (Non-Hive). It will run on a 15 Mbps upload connection to handle full load without lag (theoretically) and have a permanent admin presence to monitor hackers. There will be a lot of fast spawning consumable loot as well as low power weapons to keep everyone on the sever from starving to death. Higher power weapons will spawn at the normal rate and will likely go fast.

We'll be hosting it for just the one weekend to see if, and how it plays out. If it works we'll probably run a kickstarter project to cover the cost of running it more permanently linked to the dayz hive.

What do you guys think, would you be on-board with this?

• Like 8

Holy shit! 200 players! That sounds like fun, but as you said, items and weapon loots should be different as the current maps.

I'm not a fan of non-hive but good to see people trying things out like this.

I don't think your hardware will cope though :)

Good luck.......... and prove me wrong my brother

I will see if I can make it on.

Whats wrong with non-hive servers exactly?

would be amazing, But its gonna be a hacker magnet for sure, and yes you can kick/ban them but it would be to late. If I was on a new guy I would join along with my friend, But plz keep posted to let everyone know how it went for future reference.

Hope it works out, and good luck

non hive is no persistance character on the server, so when you logout of the server and come back in all your stuff will be gone and you start on the coast again.

I'm definitely interested how this will play out. Count me in.

edit:

non hive is no persistance character on the server, so when you logout of the server and come back in all your stuff will be gone and you start on the coast again.

Afaik, non-hive means not connected to the official hive, as in it's got its own isolated hive and the persistance is simply locked to the specific non-official hive/server.

Edited by Fector
  • Like 2

So every hacker in DayZ will be there.. I mean 200 kills in 1 second.. I'm hoping your Admin and scripts are air tight. Maybe have a DayZ Dev in the mix to test out some scripting? Banning? Why can't we all just work together?

Edited by gwbrewer

This can't be right.. it's a local database..

Is this really true? I've seen non-hive servers where you start with a fresh character different than the one you have on hive servers, and when you logout/login on the same non-hive server you still have the character you played with on that server, it just doesn't share with other servers.

What do you guys think, would you be on-board with this?

I will :thumbsup:

I think if it will run without the DayZ Hive it may work...

About the hackers, it will be Non Hive server, so the original character won't be changed...

Sounds great! Count me in!

Is this really true? I've seen non-hive servers where you start with a fresh character different than the one you have on hive servers, and when you logout/login on the same non-hive server you still have the character you played with on that server, it just doesn't share with other servers.

Non-hive does NOT mean you dont keep your character or stats.

All it means is it isnt linked up to the OFFICIAL Hive. IE it has a local "Hive" or database, so your character doesnt transfer between servers.

The reason it will be running without the dayZ hive is because it will only be going for 3 days and is still an experimental system - If something goes wrong like our CPU's burn out (and I bloody hope they don't) you still have your normal hive game to fall back on.

This is quite wrong, your character is persistant on the non-hive, when you log out and join back in later, you are exactly where you logged out before with all your kit intact..

Man, I picked a shitty weekend to move.

Don't worry - It's not this coming weekend! We still have fix a few kinks and run some numbers so it will be in a few weeks time.

It's gonna suck when a hacker comes in and kills all 200 people.

Ah... don't you love ***ing? Why should I even bother joining this server? It's obviously gonna be a sweetspot for hackers, no thanks.

Sounds like a really cool idea! Even if hackers do show up, its not like you will lose your "main" playthrough character

I can't help but chuckle at the people thinking a hacker will come along and kill 200 people....... I doubt it. Now maybe, just maybe, a hacker will show up and kill 199 people. :P

• Like 1

It's gonna suck when a hacker comes in and kills all 200 people.

Ah... don't you love ***ing? Why should I even bother joining this server? It's obviously gonna be a sweetspot for hackers, no thanks.

TO be fair when you run a private hive its easy to deal with hackers.

SUPER easy to tell they are hacking, and even easier to ban/screw them over.

Ive never once had any issues dealing with hackers on our private hive server.