Sign in to follow this  
plan_be

6 questions to get me satisfied PART II

Hello everyone again,

this is part two of the things that matter, at least for me. ^_^

I put the first thread into general discussion if you are wondering, but the questions I have now I think are more suitable for the new player discussion.

So let's start:

1. I know that it is possible to break the windows of a hospital. But how? I shot the glas three times with an AK without busting it and then beat it over 20 times I think with my axe. Did i do something wrong? Or what do i need to do to break the windows? (I shot and hammered at the same window)

2. Where do the orders in the loadingscreen come from?

3. I'm using Six Launcher to get in the game but nowadays it is very complicated for me to find a working server. I think that belongs to the three different "programms" (?) that need to be on the very same state as the server. Or am I wrong? Have ArmA 2 CO, BETA and DayZ have to fit the requirements of the Server?

4. What does the button "Rearm" in your Inventory do? Didn't figure it out by now. <_<

5.Is it possible for me to delete my notes on the map?

6. I've seen in various videos that it is possible to mark a point on your map when you have the GPS in your inventory. I found my first one and dont know how to do that. Can this be deactivated on servers or am I too dumb? How do I do that?

Please excuse my english, it's not my motherlanguage.

I tried the search function for every single question before, but couldn't find an useful thread. So I'm sorry if one of the above was dicussed earlier.

Thanks for your answers.

1. I know that it is possible to break the windows of a hospital. But how? I shot the glas three times with an AK without busting it and then beat it over 20 times I think with my axe. Did i do something wrong? Or what do i need to do to break the windows? (I shot and hammered at the same window)

I shoot different windows. they are all connected. If you break 1, they all break.

2. Where do the orders in the loadingscreen come from?

Dayz is a mod. and since it is a mod it is interfering with Arma2 game itself. It is Arma2 orders that you are seeing. There is no fix to turn that off. In short, its nothing

3. I'm using Six Launcher to get in the game but nowadays it is very complicated for me to find a working server. I think that belongs to the three different "programms" (?) that need to be on the very same state as the server. Or am I wrong? Have ArmA 2 CO, BETA and DayZ have to fit the requirements of the Server?

All you must do is when using six launcher, instead of clicking on a server, hit to launch the game by itself. Then set your filters to [1.7.2.4 / 95416] or what ever your versions are.

4. What does the button "Rearm" in your Inventory do? Didn't figure it out by now. <_<

Ignore this button. It really doesnt do anything unless u open a tent with your ammo type. then it will fill ur inventory with your current weapons ammo.

5.Is it possible for me to delete my notes on the map?

Marks or Waypoints can be deleted by hovering your mouse over it and pressing "delete" on ur keyboard

6. I've seen in various videos that it is possible to mark a point on your map when you have the GPS in your inventory. I found my first one and dont know how to do that. Can this be deactivated on servers or am I too dumb? How do I do that?

Waypoints as you speak of can be created by holding "Left Shift + left clicking on a location on your map. Some servers have this disabled depending on the servers difficulty.

Edited by Roy0441
  • Like 1

1. I don't really know about that but in my experiance if you always shoot or throw a tin can at one of the ned windows then it always breaks. The middle windows seem a little bugged so can sometime be invincible.

2. They are part of arma so are part of dayz, they do not mean anything.

3. Yes you definately need the correct dayz version and I am pretty sure that you need the correct Beta as well. Also I would suggest using Dayz Commander as an alternate launcher to six launcher as it is far easier to use and update though.

4. That is an arma feature and I believe it does nothing. However when it pops up at tents and you press it, it will sometimes give you any ammo for your gun thats in the tent, but I don't know if it still does.

5. Yes just scroll you mouse over them while in the map menu and press the delete key.

6. Firstly I do not believe that you need a GPS to do this, just a map, however I have never tried. To do this you just scroll over an area you want to go to and then shift + click and it will create a marker that can be seen by only you in game. (This setting is often disabled on higher difficulty servers)

Edited by maxamillion12345
  • Like 1

1. Easier way for me is to throw empty cans, always break it on the first or second try. Shooting works too but sometimes it takes a lot of bullets, try shooting different glasses not always the same

5. Move mouse over the mark, and press the "delete" key.

6. You don't really need the gps, those marks (called tracers in dayzcommander) are enabled on some servers, press shift + click on the map.