Gogster (DayZ)

DayZ AdminZ Part II - The DayZ AdminZ Strike Back

Muchos beans to jwiechers the DayZ AdminZ forum is now live.

http://dayz.io/adminZ//

What is the point are hear you ask?

DayZ AdminZ will be a private forum for verified server administrators to discuss the administration of their server.

The forums here are very popular, which is a good thing, but there is a much needed requirement for admins to be able to discuss log files, configurations, bans etc...

Someone made a point that GUID's shouldn't be posted in an open forum - that is a very good point, so we hope that those people who look after a DayZ server will come over and register.

The forum is not designed to detract from the official DayZ Mod forums (this place) but to complement it.

Why do I need to register and go through a process?

Two reasons, we're not duplicating what goes on here. If everyone came over we'd have an extremely busy forums and get into the same situation with posts dropping off the bottom of the forum.

Secondly, we want to ensure that people who register are genuine DayZ admins to keep the forum by DayZ

admins for DayZ admins.

I haven't heard anything from you guys in ages - you suck

jwiechers, {SAS}Stalker and I are trying to get things rolling as fast as possible. We've come up with an application process, but it may not be the best. Jens will authorise those people he knows as fast as he can, other people will be asked to verify.

You keep making mistakes in your posts!

Yeah for some reason this keyboard is on the way out. I'll buy another.

See you soon guys!

• Like 8

It would be cool if you didn't have to change the name of the server to register for posting. Can't edit a file that is in use without turning off server and back on. Means kicking 40 people just to register and post.

It would be cool if you didn't have to change the name of the server to register for posting. Can't edit a file that is in use without turning off server and back on. Means kicking 40 people just to register and post.

No need to do it when your server is busy - wait till the early hours or pick a quiet time. You should be restarting at some point :)

I hate to be Debbie Downer here but I just have to ask this to get it clear for everyone:

Is any dayz dev, dayz server hosting company owner, CEO, CFO or anyone directly linked to BI or dayz mod in anyway shape or form in control of dayz Adminz forums at all?

Thanks.

I think this is a great idea and I'm glad you guys are stepping up to provide this much needed tool for server admins. Thank you.

I hate to be Debbie Downer here but I just have to ask this to get it clear for everyone:

Is any dayz dev, dayz server hosting company owner, CEO, CFO or anyone directly linked to BI or dayz mod in anyway shape or form in control of dayz Adminz forums at all?

Thanks.

I think this is a great idea and I'm glad you guys are stepping up to provide this much needed tool for server admins. Thank you.

Its owned by jwiechers who is part of the community team here and also a server admin. Gogster and myself are admins over there also. The forum is independent in that its run by server admins for other server admins but as we stated in the original thread we welcome (and look forward to) participation from the DayZ and BI chaps if they can spare the time. The sole intention of it is to work with them if possible and to absolutely uphold the server hosting rules for DayZ as set out by the team.

please sticky this,

already i have recieved fantastic help and alot of advice on how to keep the server as cheat free as possible..

Getting that kind of help on here is hard to come by in the months i have used this forum

thanks

I can't change the title of the server I don't have write access to those folders with HFB. Also website offline.

Actually, it turned out it was the Mainboard that was fried; has been replaced now, setting up OS at the moment. Should all be back in a couple of hours. Of course this had to happen when I was out of town <sigh> :/