thesandyman

Zombies glitched in ground

So I recently installed this game and everything works fine. The only problem is that zombies are stuck in like a standing position but halfway submerged in the ground.

When they agro they stand up and run normally but when I kill them they go back to the glitched state half submerged instead of falling over.

Another thing that might be related is when I see dead players they usually appear to be standing up as if they were alive. For example one had his gun pointed out but when i walked up to him I heard the flies and i was able to loot him.

Thanks for your help.

Bumping this, as I am having the same problem. Tried updating my drivers to no avail :/

"Theotherjester" that's pretty odd, and I can't think of any reason this might happen. I noticed while walking in a building that the glitched zeds have their feet sinking through the floor into the bottom level xD

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I've found a fix, so hopefully this will help jest, sandman, and anybody else who may run across this post in the future.

Here's what worked for me:

1. Download DayZ updater from http://worrom.com/

2. After opening the updater, *make sure to change the Download URL option to cdn.armafiles.info. This is serious business.

3. Allow the client to detect the .rar files and subsequently download them.

These files include *dayz_anim_v0.1.rar* which I can only assume is responsible for some zombie animation or something. Various other files that clearly need to be downloaded are also included.

This will take probably around a good 5 - 10 minutes, so be patient.

4. After it says "success!" retry the game. For me, the zombies were bouncing around town just as they should be.

Hope this helps