Shroom

Not sure if glitch abuse or just clever

I don't want to waste anyone's time, so I'll get right to the point.

I was at Krasnostav airstrip at around 01:00 5/29 Eastern time on Dallas 11, and I ran into the hangars to find this:

3Npjc.jpg

I quickly left, not wanting to die from some bait trap, and then asked in chat if anyone knew about it. I soon got a response:

EhyWo.png

That wasn't all he said, but it was all I was able to screencap. Basically, he told me that it was his loot there, and that he put it there because it would spawn more items.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, and my intentions are not purely to get someone banned (although I would like to see this glitch-abuser warned that this is not an intended gameplay element, and that further abuse is bannable). Is what he described possible? It's possible he was just trolling me, and it wasn't him who put that stuff there, but I'd like to make sure it's not possible, as it's not a realistic gameplay mechanic and should be fixed.

Thanks!

That's how you get loot in this game. Pick up what's there, move what you don't want somewhere else, and then wait for new loot to appear.

It's been like this since the beginning.

Sounds boring. Go play the game! :dodgy:

Simply just "Cycling" gear. Not exploiting. This is how the bigger clans/communities get mad gear for their teams. Get about 5/10 people to lock down the Airfield during the night/day, and just cycle gear for hours. There's a few "Clans" across a few different servers who do it and have M203 M4's, SVD Dragunovs, multiple M240's, Several tents in hidden locations with car parts and even more guns in there.

It's slow, repetitive, and extremely boring but does have the possibility to yield amazing loot.

Yep, welcome to the world of Farming! I do and don't see this as an exploit, but there has been no word from the dev team as it is technically a feature for it to respawn.

I dont see this can be stated an exploit as it requires some ressources and skill to farm your gear like this for hours. Its extremly dangerous to stay at the NW airfield for hours, you need mates covering you and stuff while there can always be a good hidden sniper shooting you. Good reward for that tactics in fact loot respawns faster but the risk is high.

Its extremly dangerous to stay at the NW airfield for hours

If done right, you can lootpile NWA 24/7 with only 2 people, one at barracks and one with a car in a nearby forest, with minimal risks. If the guy in barracks dies, you can pick him up quickly and continue your farming.

We tried that in a group of 3, it worked like a charm. Our third guy was waiting with a second car on the coast. We almost stopped doing this long ago though, because this is extremely boring, and having the top gear isn't really important in this game when your team has some tactics and is well synchronized (except maybe sniper rifles, and snipers usually don't die a lot).

It's cheap and degraded tactics, just like server hopping inside barracks, although server hopping is MUCH more dangerous. So I'd consider this somewhere between between valid tactics and exploiting currently poor game mechanics, but it's probably just me.

*sorry, didn't notice the date, it was on a first page

cycling gear works great. just fyi, Norteast airfield is almost empty at all times, so its easier to cycle stuff there...